Bromley Council | FerrariChat

Bromley Council

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by reggie, Mar 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. reggie

reggie Guest

Bromely council have ignored Transport for London's request to put up speed camera's in their area. Instead the council have decided to implement new and improved road signs that flash the speed limit at motorists as they approach the area. London for transport has commented saying 'they are directly risking people's life's'

I say good on Bromley, im all for speed camera's in certain places but the goverment has now proved its purely a money making scheme they are trying to cover up under the 'we save lifes' slogan, by the amount of pointless camera's that have popped up everywhere in the UK. Total overkill in my opinion and nice to see new ideas being tried. 'Road deaths in the UK has risen from last year' said Bromley council, maybe its time to look at new methods. At this stage Transport for London hasnt responded to this statement from Bromley council.

2. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    There was a speed trap, the likes of which I have not seen for a number of years, on the A21 about 1 mile north of the M25 this afternoon. Radar, followed by a coned area to pull drivers into about 100 yards after the trap. Positioned just around a corner wher a 50 mph limit dual carriageway becomes single lane. I understand that the A21 is under the jurisdiction of TFL and not Bromley Council.

3. reggie

reggie Guest

yeah, they said there was a main road through Bromley that had a speed camera on it, it was controlled by TFL and BC had no say in it !

4. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Reggie

Spotted some of those speed signs in Fort William at the weekend.. They are extremely accurate as I was doing 33mph in a 30... Could'nt believe when it flashed up as it looked just like a sign post... I totally agree that they should be used instead of camera's..

5. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    There's a few speed cameras in Bromley but the only one I know of that is active (i.e. sets off my radar detector) is on the A222 Widmore Road just outside the town centre.
    All the other's I've driven past are fake, but I'm sure there's plenty more I haven't come across yet.
    I think those speed indicators that flash up your speed are a good idea. I always slow down for them anyway because the detector goes ballistic as it approaches them

6. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    What about the camera light at the Fantail lights and the speed camera on the A21 near the entrance to Noeman Park, both on the A21?

7. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    being a country boy dont have occasion to dive around london much but have noticed in south london several of these warning signs that flash up if going too fast. guess what, you slow down! Same principal as a detector I guess, if it goes off you slow down too. Unless you do what I did on the M40 a while ago, unplugged the detector from the *** lighter and charged the phone....£60 fine!!!!

8. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Forgot about the camera lights there. Don't know if they're active because radar doesn't pick that sort of thing up, but I always assume they are.

Forgot about that speed camera on the A21 too. Yes that one's active(I presume you mean the one by the Shell garage). So much for my statement about there only being one active camera in Bromley :(

Can't think of any others, honest

9. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I'm glad I've got them all covered then!