bronze windshields for TR ? | FerrariChat

bronze windshields for TR ?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by gabriel, May 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

2. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I saw a bronze windshield on a white TR with a tan interior. It looked great. I don't know the optical benefits to it, but some fighter jet canopies have the gold tint/coating to improve vision.

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I've got one, and my impression is that a "bronze" description in the glass world really doesn't directly translate into having an obvious external bronze-colored tint or appearance -- I believe it's more about the thru light transmission spectrum properties of the overall windshield (any glass suppliers lurking to clarify?).
    I'll have a closer objective look at mine at lunchtime, but it's the kind of thing where it just seems so "normal" I can't really say now whether the glass itself is actually a little "greenish" or "bronzish" or whatever -- but I'll be back.

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    (Sorry for the delay in getting back to this, but I wanted to try to do something a little more objective). Seems all of the windows on my TR (including the new "bronze" windshield) have a slight bronze tint. Below are jpegs where I cut a sheet of white paper into two pieces and then taped one on the inside and one on the outside of each window. The intensity of the apparent bronze tint varies with my external lighting so (even though the photos don't look like it) the windshield and the LH side glass have about the same tint strength while I'd say the rear window is about 1/2 of that. Photos from top to bottom are -- windshield, LH door glass, rear glass: