Brown County Indiana Run July 12 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Brown County Indiana Run July 12

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by SMS, Jun 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Been there done that. You are correct that is the real bright side. :) the only good thing about losing a belt is I got a rebuilt engine bored and higher compression pistons. But I rather have the money it cost to rebuild the engine.

2. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    OUCH! Sorry to hear that. When/what/where did this happen?

Nice profile pic! I'm assuming you're the token Male in that picture. ;)

JIM

3. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    #28 cessnav8or, Jul 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
    4 years ago right after I bought it. I had just pulled out of my driveway and heard an awful clicking sound and lost power. The sound was obviously the vlaves striking the pistons. Once we tore it apart You could see where they struck them. None of the valves broke though just bent. The car has been a real expensive educational experience. I only wish I had found this site before I bought the car. I would have had learned what a ppi was and had one done. My belt didn't actually break but the teeth were worn enough that it slipped same result though. But I the extra power form boring it and higher compression pistons is nice. I had another owner of a 4 valve in mine and he said he couldn't tell the difference in mine and his in power. I sure as **** could tell after it was rebuilt. But the few extra ponies were not worth 12 grand.

Yes that is me. My cousin is a photographer and he was shooting a Calander for the University Of Louisville Cheerleaders. The car was in the calender with the Senior Cheerleaders on April 2005. The picture was taken about a week after I had gotten the car back from the engine rebuild.

4. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Aaron you stud! Look at all those girls!

It looks like I am stuck at home taking care of business related stuff that i am on a deadline for. I am up for a drive later on. I think Joey and I are planning to get together later that evening for a few brews if anyone is interested.

5. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    #30 SMS, Jul 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We'll try it again later guys. Rain scared off many who said they were coming, several inches fell in Indy, but nothing south of Columbus so those who braved it were greeted with some good driving. 11 cars between the morning and afternoon sessions, plus some local muscle cars showed up at the festival.

Side note, Autoweek just published the nations top 50 driving roads and our route made it. Yeah!!! (But our little secret is out now)

Pic of the 308 hammering out of a corner:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login