Brown Leather more sporting than black leather as far as jackets | FerrariChat

Brown Leather more sporting than black leather as far as jackets

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by bitzman, Mar 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I have been collecting leather jackets to put images on of my car paintings and come to a conclusion. Though I found many fine black leather jackets, I rejected them because I am convinced that, for Italian cars, like Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Alfa, that brown leather is a more "natural" choice. I cite, for instance , driving gloves, you don't see black leather driving gloves. Brown leather shows the grain of the leather more, and the stitching. Now ironically for more efficient cars, almost antiseptic cars, like late model water cooled Porsche 911 models, I think black leather for a jacket is OK but German cars are not emotional cars like Ferraris. i know there will be those who say "but my Ferrari has a black interior so I want it to match" but I am talking when you wear the jacket outside of the car as well. I'll show some pics to prove my point. Not to mention that some nasty people in history have worn black leather jackets..I won't even get into that.(I bet you never thought leather color could have a political context....)

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    I agree. Brown is more organic. However, black does have its mystique.