Bue, Bye 355? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Bue, Bye 355?

Discussion in '348/355' started by johnk..., Jul 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That's funny I was going to log in just to say the same thing :p. The 348 is pretty much like a stepped up 328, with the stock exhaust it sounds great yes quite AND handles and steers like all the cars pre 355 except better.

But if Johns 308 is carbed well I get why he keeps that. Prices are rising hard for good 308's too. I get the 308 and mid engined Vette thing. I am in NO danger of doing it. Actual classic and new mid engined goodness in one garage. 355 is kinda in between as amazing as it is, so I get where John is coming from "I think".

2. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Interesting story. When I bought my 308 (Bob Sharp Ferrari in 1985) they had a 288 for sale. I was interested, but let's just say the salesman convinced me "it wasn't what I wanted". I signed on to buy the GTB if they could locate one, which they did. But when I got to my office on Monday, since I couldn't afford both, I talked to another guy who was into cars about jointly buying the 288. I couldn't convince him to buy in so it slipped away.

The rear is questionable. Depends on the angle. Not terrible from this one. I'm more worried about the nose. I don't care for the NSX like? Not sure. There is a guy with an NSX that comes the our C&C Sunday mornings. I don't see the similarity. For the street, 495 HP would seem more than enough. The 1000 HP, dual turbo, dual overhead cam Z whatever ain't for me. My Cayman S does 0-60 in 4.2, under 3, that's good enough for me.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Don't love the side ducts and the rear in this pic looks over styled like the did not know when to stop. Reminds me of Civic SI definitely more Asian and less Euro influence as was mentioned already.
    I think they strive to keep it vettish in character while styling which makes sense. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

Ugly Ugly Ugly

drbob101 likes this.
  5. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The Z06 version will almost certainly look like Darth Vaders car, over done, over styled, over aeroed, over scooped, over ducted, vinyl graphics, huge badges, probably an 8 inch CF chin spoiler... pretty much what Americans like.

American concept cars usually look better than the release. Still I "think" I like it, if you get it John post it up!

6. dparker94348

dparker94348 Rookie

Mar 1, 2009
    Houston
    Full Name:
    David J. Parker
    Here's one you'll never see on any 'Vette - Image Unavailable, Please Login

audi_328 likes this.
  7. scrappin35

scrappin35 Karting

Dec 13, 2011
    FT Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Jim H
    ugly cube'd = Fugly and that is pretty much what it is

8. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Not Carbureted. But its a GTB QV which is pretty rare, particularly for 1985, and one owner, and pretty low mileage (33k) compared to may, and completely unmolested. It's not going anywhere.

INTMD8 and F355Bob like this.
  9. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    What drew you to the 355 initially?

Having the 308 have you considered parking the 355 for a year or 2 so it feels -new- again?

10. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I wanted one when they came out in 95 but other obligation got in the way. Finally got to it back in 2013 after looking for the right car for 3 years. I bought it to drive. I'm just a little tired of it. Maybe I need new roads, not a new car. :)

The C8 looks interesting, but I hope people did notice that my post tittle ends with a "?". I'm always looking for something different.

Park it for a few years? I'm generally the kind of person who never wants to get rid of anything, so yea. But after 72 years I have realized that once I let something go, I miss it about as long as the hole left in a bucket of water when you take your fist out.

Like I said, I'm seriously thinking about the C8, but then I've been seriously thinking about moving south for 15 years. :)

11. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    The solution is very obvious, John. Buy a home down south and move your F355 down there. You'll have plenty of new roads to drive. Keep your home up here in the north and buy the C8.

Robb likes this.
  12. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    I agree about the roads. Once you’ve driven the car 50 times over the same route, the novelty wears off.

I like Barry’s idea. New location, new adventures might bring the spark back.

13. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Hmmm he does not seem to be bored on the same roads with the 308, not so sure its the roads.

14. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I can totally attest to this. When I had my car in the states and drove it 3 or 4 times a year when I went there it always felt new

15. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    The Corvette is absolutely no doubt the best bang for the buck when it comes to performance. But only performance. When you consider the fact that most 355's are still highly desirable and worth 75% of what they sold for new, that is not something one will get in a Corvette. Right now a C4 (mid 90's) Corvette is neither highly desirable nor worth what you would have paid in sales tax when new. Apples and oranges.

16. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Yeah, go with the variety in women. Then lose the vette, ferrari, house, mind......:(

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  17. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I've vacationing in SE FL (Jupiter area) for as long as I've owned my 308. Now doing the snow bird thing. Problem is, anything with 3 or more garage spaces has 4 or more bedrooms. I need 4 (or more) garage spaces and 2 bedrooms, 3 at most. And every time I see a Ferrari down there it's stuck in traffic. The 308 wouldn't handle that well with 90*+ summer temps not to mention the poor AC in it. If I move down there won't be a problem with the 355. It would get traded for a boat. :)

18. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky

Except that in todays dollars a 355 would be about $300,000 new. But I get what you are saying. I should wait until I'm 105 and then buy a C8.

tatry68 and jjtjr like this.
  19. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    After a fresh major for my '97 355, I'm considering the C8 for one other thing not mentioned in this thread... a factory warranty :)
    JD

F355Bob likes this.
  20. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    BTW the C8 has zero Corvette dna. The only way anyone will tell its a Corvette is by the emblem.

21. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Funny, that's how I feel about my 348 :D

deeej84 likes this.
  22. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Mixed reviews of the C8 at yesterday's C&C. Mostly exotic guys. And mostly about the rear end. A discussion as to similarity to the NSX brought out the observation that it's styling cues resemble LaFerrari.

23. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    American cars tend to leave large rear ends they always have for some reason. Mustang for example. Cues to beefy muscle car era I suppose that designers can't seem to let go of?

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

24. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Are you trying to tell me the 488 doesn't have a big butt? Since the 355 Ferraris butts have just gotten bigger and bigger and bigger.

Or a California,

Or an F12

None of which I find particularly attractive. On the other hand, Johnny like. :)

25. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    A boat with a screaming 355 engine would be a great boat.
    Especially an F1 with a six speed.
    You would be the envy of everyone when that bypass opens.