Bugatti Chiron | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Bugatti Chiron

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Aerolithe57, Nov 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I do love it but not sure what I think about designers updating old styling cues. This copies the Atlantique with circles along side, central spine, etc. Its like what dodge does with challenger and ford with mustang. At least la f and 918 were all original designs

2. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think the 918 has a good amount of design influence from the careers gt, LAF has some of the Enzo but less than the gt. The P1 was pretty damn original when it came out. It's design has since influenced their lesser models.

3. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HtdFx9S_gQ[/ame]

4. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    I feel the same way.

I'm OK with an overall Bugatti feel but the elements you mention, 95spiderman, are way too on the nose. At this price I think people have the right to expect more (I'm assuming they didn't get feedback that more or less mandated that they go in this direction, a huge assumption.)

5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Looks beautiful to me though. It's a big improvement.

6. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    #131 ypsilon, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Stunning car, both from a tech and exterior/interior design perspective.

Two dissapointments though, 1 modest, which is the weight, although a 16 cylinder, 8 litre, 4wd, leather everywhere equiped car is probably never going to be light.

Biggest dissapointment, something I really don't get when one desings a 2,5M Euro/Dollar whatever car, are the door handles. They look like their taken of a Golf.

Aston Martin has a simple answer:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I think the handles are the biggest let down. What is really surprising is that the Gran Tourismo (which is basically this car with super aggressive wings) has flush handles.

8. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Agreed, but the Regera implements the best idea. Zero reason to ever touch and leave finger prints!

9. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Designer Daniel Simon who designs almost everything for movies etc, gave his opinion about Chiron's handles which i find it interesting and i agree with it.

At least number 2 would look really great.

https://www.facebook.com/danielsimonstudio/photos/a.373416289341106.108979.172914012724669/1255491291133597/?type=3&theater

10. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Thanks for the interesting link.

It draws a lot of visual attention to a part of the car which is normally pretty much uninteresting, which he basically acknowledges;

"DESIGN DETAILS: When little things like door handles have big effects: A) Real B ) Conventional position C ) Twomilliondollarcarsolution."

11. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Agreed, very nce looking from the veyron. The specs are out of this world. Only for that the car got to command respect.

As for 2.5 MM? who cares. Clearly these are for the one who are $1B net worth and over. Changing the wheel is 1 year blue collar salary. So 2.5MM is peanuts at that level. The Chinese (thanks to us) are creating Billionaires everyday. This is the new market

12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Completely irrelevant, but who cares.

It's supposed to be the flagship of the VW Group, and no doubt it will loses a lot of money on every car produced.

But that's not the point; it showcases what the VW engineers can do

13. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    That was very much the case with the Veyron, I believe VAG wants to loose far less on the Chiron.

Technically The Chiron is based on the Veyron, engine, gearbox and even the chassis seems to be alike. Therefor far less development costs.

Plus it's more expensive and they're planning to build 50 more than the Veyron.

14. amc

amc Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2009
    old school
    Nobody here has the technical knowledge to contradict Bugatti.

15. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The more I see the car the more stunning I believe it is. Incredible really. Blows the Veyron out of the water. No chance I'd take anything but this if I had 2-3MM to drop on a car. If I owned it however, I'd have to hire someone to watch it 24/7 when it was parked anywhere.

16. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    Three hours ago FLD reported the car as sold out.

That's some serious branding.

17. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    With how quickly it sold out there will no doubt be a ss version or perhaps even a hybrid version. They will milk this cash cow.

18. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Some guys fixed that by buying several Veyrons. One guy had 3 if I recall. I think he was a celeb sports guy or singer.
    Look if you have upwards of 500MM what do you care about a scratch on a 3MM car? You get it fixed for $50K and be done. No more of a problem than having a scratch on your daughter $5K car beater. You will simply be annoyed for 5mn

19. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Floyd mayweather has/had 3 veryrons. I cannot imagine they will have any value on used market now with astronomical running costs and being far out classed by chiron

20. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I don't think this is right. I think Veyrons will become even more sought after, they were the first of the modern Bugatti supercars and now officially collector cars as the model has been replaced. Those that bought Veyrons in the low $1m range I think will be very happy in years to come.

21. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    For the diehard Chiron fans -- if we have any:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBMqNjOTB5g[/ame]

22. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    #147 ypsilon, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    There's are Dutch owner (an it entrepeneur) that has 3 Veyrons as well, with the Chiron on order.

And he isn't particulary shy about it:
    https://www.instagram.com/dutchbugs/

23. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    That's odd, during the presentation they mentioned having still lots off cars available.

And given the years and all the special editions needed to sell the Veyron, it doesn't seem very logical that the more expensive Chiron + an extra 50 units on offer are already sold.

24. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Been reading diff. numbers, from 1/3 to 170 units being sold.

25. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    I agree. ten yrs to sells 450 Veyrons including many special editions and coupe/grand sport variations and the Chiron sells 500 in a week??? does Bugatti plan to make different versions and were those planned into the 500 number? Maybe all the planned coupe Chirons were sold...