Bugatti Divo | FerrariChat

Bugatti Divo

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Jonathan19, Apr 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    #1 Jonathan19, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2018
    Rumor: Bugatti would have presented a new model named "Divo" to potential customers.

Private preview was in Beverly Park, Los Angeles.

It's a new version of the Chiron. Same power as the Chiron Sport (1500hp).

It will be an extremely limited model.

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Can I say... this is getting silly.

mvaldezf60, NürScud and Jo Sta7 like this.
  3. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Sounds like . .

4. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    . . . It might be . . .

5. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    . . . cool, dude . . .

6. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    Wtf. What a mess. Please don't post anymore with out pics. Maybe wait 30 seconds and put all your thoughts/info into one post. And use the normal font ffs.

7. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    My apologies I think I'm doing the right thing, how do you delete a thread?

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Fixed it.

Now post some pictures and carry on!!

D

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I don't think you did anything wrong.

I think these "special editions" of "special edition" cars that go faster than F1 cars is getting ridiculous.

Like two Chiron owners are going to meet and be upset someone else has one.

NürScud and Jo Sta7 like this.
  10. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Totally pointless. They will make another 20 (like Veyron) limited editions for no reason. Oh, maybe there is one. Money....

11. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    Apparently this new one looks totally different to any Bugatti they've built yet. Controversial looks compared to the Chiron.

12. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Thanks to dm_n_stuff for cleaning up my mess. ;)

13. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    nothing stupid about it at all, some of the veyron special editions look very nice

Boomhauer likes this.
  14. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    According to a Carbuzz source, the car will have a price of about $ 7 million when loaded with options.

15. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    LOL

16. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
  17. Pagani2011

Pagani2011 Karting

Mar 25, 2011
    The car will be presented in pebble beach. All cars are sold out with a price tag of 5 mil. The top speed will be limited to 385 km/h but acceleration is much faster than the standard Chiron. The car will be street legal and have a racing transmission. Horsepower will be the same to the Chiron but they reduced the weight. Further it will have a fixed wing but smaller compared to the vision gt.

Jonathan19 and 9nb like this.
  18. Pagani2011

Pagani2011 Karting

Mar 25, 2011
    I forgot to mention first cars will be delivered to their clients 2020. less than 100 cars will be produced and like said before all sold out. The focus was to improve corner speeds but not the top speed.

Jonathan19 and 9nb like this.
  19. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Couple of questions if you can answer without breaking any NDAs or trust of anyone at Bugatti, by how much have they reduced the weight? the Chiron is at 4400 lbs or 1996Kg, if they're hoping to compete with the Valkyrie or Project One than the diet must be immense. Also Bugatti is known for making cars that are smooth to drive despite their power and performance, so when you say a 'racing transmission' do you mean a dual clutch, single clutch or a full on racing sequential? My guess is just a faster DSG (hopefully nothing too fake and synthesized as the single clutch in the Aventador, though Winkelmann just moved to Bugatti so who knows.)

20. Pagani2011

Pagani2011 Karting

Mar 25, 2011
    I cannot share all infos but what I can say is that the claimed reduction of weight is immense but nobody has seen the interior so far into details where they claimed to reduce the weight a lot. I was told it’s still comfortable to drive as it’s a street legal car but the comfort is definitely more aggressive than the Chiron sport. Regarding the transmission system all I can say is that they used a racing transmission with the aim to reduce the current shifting time even further. From the exterior design you will still recognize the Chiron but with more adjustments to improve downforce.
    I was more surprised to receive the info that they were really able to sell all cars within a few months for a price tag of 5 Million Euro.

Jonathan19 likes this.
  21. Pagani2011

Pagani2011 Karting

Mar 25, 2011
    And during the pebble beach event in August they will present the car which is so far a prototype model without the possibility to see the interior but it’s still impressive, especially with the few data they will publish.

Jonathan19 likes this.
  22. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    I agree it is very impressive that they've sold a car that cost 5 Million Euros but then again Pagani and Koenigsegg aren't having problems selling cars that cost 3 Million+. I'm surprised that they are taking this path, it is a shift from what they did with the Veyron but then again it might be much more fitting with their history and Ettore's vision of what a modern Bugatti should be. Quite exciting, I've always been a fan of Bugatti so looking forward to seeing what they produce with this car, I hope they stop producing the endless 'special edition' paint schemes and focus more on creating iterations that are actually different from one another technically.

Anyways, thank you for sharing the details that you can. :)

23. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    #23 Jonathan19, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Thank you Pagani2011 very much for your information !

24. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Quick summary of new info

During the pebble beach event in August they will present the car which is so far a prototype model without the possibility to see the interior but it’s still impressive, especially with the few data they will publish.

The top speed will be limited to 385 km/h but acceleration is so much faster than the Chiron Sport.

The car will be street legal and have a racing transmission.

The weight reduction claimed is immense.

First cars will be delivered to their clients 2020

Less than 100 cars will be produced.

All cars are sold with a price of 5 million euros without options.

Thanks again to Pagani2011

25. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    There was what appears to be a factory Chiron at the Ring yesterday but it didn’t have any distinctive features to differentiate it from the ‘regular’ Chiron expect the racing Recaro seats.