Build sheet | FerrariChat

Build sheet

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by luigibosco, Aug 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. luigibosco

luigibosco Karting

Jan 28, 2005
    Westchester County NY
    Does anyone know how I can get the build sheet to my ‘73 ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    '73 ? Winchester ? Try the factory !

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Not sure there were build sheets in 1973. Factory will have something similar, but getting it out of them will be a chore.

4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    What model 1973?

tifoso2728 likes this.
  5. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    What's the S/N ? I hope I'm not being intrusive in asking for such detail. Thanks.

6. luigibosco

luigibosco Karting

Jan 28, 2005
    Westchester County NY
    Sorry, I lost track of this thread. It’s a 365 GT4 2+2 S/N 17505.

Thanks

AClark likes this.
  7. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Now the only way is to get the car Classiche certified and then pay extra for the build sheets to be included in the red book. They used to be free, now you will have to pay thousands of dollars to get them.

8. AClark

AClark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    USA

I’m pretty sure you reach out to your Ferrari Dealership , they aquire the required information from you and your Ferrari, a formal request is made, you pay your money, information arrives on Italian time.

This is what I was asked for the last time I made a request ( Not Classiche ) :

“ You will need to provide us with photos of the interior and exterior of the car, engine number, gearbox number, chassis number and vin tag along with the copy of their car title or registration. “

GL

A

9. AClark

AClark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    USA
    Isnt there a “ build sheet “ on every Ferrari created since the beginning?

I was under the impression that there was a sealed vault inside the Classiche department in Msranello that housed all the pertinent documents.

Curious..

A

10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Reply #7 is correct. But no, there were never free. In the 1970s and 1980s you could buy build sheets for a small fee of 10'000 Lira (US$ 10/ten). Those days are long gone.
    The ONLY way to obtain build sheets today is by having FIRST the car fully red book certified and thereafter (once you have red book in hand) you can purchase for an additional fee of approx. US$ 1'500 a set of xerox copies of the build sheets (if they still have it). In some cases they do NOT have the build sheets anymore. I know of at least three cases.

Marcel Massini

11. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Like Marcel said, there were build sheets on most early Ferraris at the factory and he even gave me some of the details on my old Daytona. I should have been more clear that I was referring to those digital ones available on MODIS.

12. nart

nart Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Actually, there was a brief period when the build sheets were free. When the factory first introduced the owners website around 2001 or 2002, they offered owners several documents including the build sheets, a Heritage Certificate and homolgomation papers. The owner had to provide answers to questions related to his vehicle including providing the internal and external assembly numbers. If the answers matched the build sheet data, the factory issued a Heritage Certificate and provided the build sheets and other relevant documents to the owner. The Heritage Certificate certified that numbers provided matched the numbers when the car left the factory. This was the forerunner to Classiche and it was free.

Texas Forever likes this.
  13. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    That didn’t last long, did it?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

14. luigibosco

luigibosco Karting

Jan 28, 2005
    Westchester County NY
    Let me ask a simpler question. How do I find out the original color of my car?

15. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    Many years ago, I got the build sheets for my 330 GTC and my 69 Daytona. Do not believe they are still available by request. Moreover, neither specified color just mechanical components.
    Have no recollection what the process was to get them.

16. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Three months ago
    Its possible one of the experts here may have it alternatively you could try emailing the factory direct and hope you catch them on a good day

[email protected]