Building My New Shop, FINALLY! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Building My New Shop, FINALLY!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Spasso, Feb 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    #26 Spasso, Mar 1, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I forgot to mention the caster kit for moving the lift from bay to bay or outside on those nice summer days.

DJ

3. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
  4. ExoticRobert

ExoticRobert Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Hey Dana,
    Way to cool...!!! I would like to stop by and cheak out your shop after our run up north to view those properties!!
    It is really taking shape now..I guess I better get ready to start sheet rocking pretty soon!! I 'm sure you will remind me!!! :)
    Robert

5. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    #30 Spasso, Mar 7, 2004
  6. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Excellent!

7. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I can't wait to see it in person... This coming Saturday... ;-)

Looking great DJ!

8. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    This Saturday for sure Peter,
    What kind of tea do you drink?:)
    DJ

9. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Chamomille... :)

10. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    #35 Spasso, Mar 9, 2004
    The garage doors installed today and the building has been signed off by the county for occupation. This is less electricity and plumbing. Those will be separate permits when I am ready to move to those stages.

I will be trenching to the house immediately so I can run the lines for the hot water heating system in the floor. Also some pipes for potable hot and cold water (filtered) for indoor washing and detailing.

The next stage will be electrical and that is the biggie. I will be doing a new 200 amp service to the house and another 200 amps to the garage, all underground. That one is going to hurt!

Once those are done and bought off I can go for an okay to insulate and close up the walls.

OOPS! Can't forget about the painting on the outside during those sunny days.:(

If I am really lucky I might get that closure this fall, that is, if I am not out driving all over the place in my 308 this summer............probably!

DJ
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. ExoticRobert

ExoticRobert Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Mr DJ,
    Looks like all your hard work has paid off!! Good job bud...:)

12. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Accoustics should be pretty good with the vaulted ceilings. Might have to set up the guitar and keyboard amps for some jamming!

BBBBOOOOWWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Paybacks to my neighbors for the loud dirt bikes!!!!!!!:)
    :p

DJ

13. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    DJ,

What a nice set up. I bet you have a few things lined out to work on since it will be so easy now?

It looks like you have room for another 308? Boy one black and one yellow 78 308 side by side would look great. Let me know if you want to borrow mine.

14. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Being 34 feet deep can park two cars in-line in each bay and one on the lift so that's an honest 5 cars and in a pinch I could probably get a 6th in there if I had to. No room to work on anything though.

I was thinking that if I really needed to find another Fcar to park in there I could try to 'scrounge' up a TR or something to fill the void.:p

DJ

15. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Actually, the car in your profile would do nicely!:D

DJ

16. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    dj...you play guitar/keyboards...ut oh this could be trouble...i've been playing drums for about 20 years and a good friend is an excellent bass player...

we'll have to jam sometime...what kind of music you play..??

i'm playing alot of jazz/funk/hip hop kind of stuff..

17. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo

I am self taught, by ear, piano/key board (Kawai K4). Just back-up/cords etc.
    I currently don't play at all. A years worth of practice (out in the garage!) and I might get these beat-up fingers to work again. (Need to get my 'Groove' back.)

Robert O. (Everett) from the club has drums also and likes to dabble with guitar. He's game.

DJ

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Very nice! I'm jealous. I had my plans all ready to go for a garage/workshop and the deal of a lifetime came. ;) I guess for the better since we're planning on moving anyway. Someday I'll have a garage. :)

19. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Thanks Rob,
    After laying on concrete for a couple of decades in cramped quarters it will be a welcome change. I guess the key is knowing I will not be moving anytime soon.
    This will be very 'theraputic'.

DJ

20. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    dj...you've got to get out in that garage and start warming up those fingers...i just play for fun and we record in issaquah at my friends home...are sound is actually very professional and saleable but neither of us is interested in pursuing marketing the music..

it is rather barron w/o keys...backup keys would add another dimension to it..

i'll have to get you a cd so you can checkout our sound..

get those fingers in gear..

21. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Robert O. has been bugging me too. That time thing 'ya know................................:p

I would be interested in the CD. Maybe we can get together at one of the drives coming up?

DJ

22. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Very nice. What a progress. I need their number for the reference in the future. Looks like they have done such a great job. Congratulations :)

23. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Typical of many contractors they tried to cut corners and slide things by me. Because of my background I became a 'Royal pain in the Ass' until they came through and built the garage to industry standards. I make a point of NOT recommending them to those that ask. Too bad really.

The key to shopping for a contractor is to talk to some of their past customers. VERY enlightening. I picked these guys after their repeated reassurances they would do a nice job. HA!

If I wasn't out of the business Shelbee I would offer to do one for you, above and beyond the mediochre quality out there.

DJ

24. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    So when is the garage warming party?..............nothing like having a bunch of F-cars parked outside your new building.......Come on Dana

25. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    It will be a few months Kuzi. There are many hurdles before I can complete everything. I will be trenching this weekend for the heating and plumbing hookups. Oh boy.

DJ