Bullfighter in Hospital - Hit head-on by DUI | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Bullfighter in Hospital - Hit head-on by DUI

Discussion in '308/328' started by Robb, Mar 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308GTB

308GTB Rookie

Mar 22, 2006
    ontario
    Full Name:
    Rob
    +308...In our Prayers! Amen.

2. sfrazier

sfrazier Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Concord, CA
    Full Name:
    SeanF
    prayers for both. while I don't know Jon I feel like i know him a little from his many posts. Speedy recovery my friend.....

- sean

3. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Jon is tough, he's a bullfighter.

4. 308gts79

308gts79 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2007
    San Francisco/Hong K
    +1 Prayers for both.

5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Hopes and prayers for Jon and his loved ones - Wishing him the best possible outcome - God Bless

6. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Shocked to see this. Hopefully the news will improve from here on out. Never met Jon but feel like I know him from all his posts. I've seen that Petrolicious video Kurt posted before but had no idea that was "our" Bullfighter! Lots of prayers headed west from Mississippi tonight.

As someone that loves old sports cars like MG's and such, stories like this always hit home hard. I'm always highly careful and alert when I drive them, but there is nothing you can do when some piece of scum breaks all the rules and barrels at you head on. About a year before I was born, I had an uncle killed driving an MGB, hit head on by a drunk driver. Also when I was in residency a classmate and his fiancee were killed when a drunk local socialite ran into them at about 100 mph while drunk and arguing with her husband. It's all just so senseless. Makes me so angry.

7. R.Robot

R.Robot Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    La Quinta CA.
    We all wish Bullfighter the best possible, he was very generous with my questions and I have the deepest hope for him and his girl friend's recovery.

I have a close friend who had a similar experience on a motorcycle with no helmet and am happy to say he has done remarkably well. So I wish the same for them.

Best, Bob.

8. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Latest News from Jon's brother that he is in Sharp Memorial Hospital. So maybe the local crew with Eric's help can bring some big red flowers and a card over and take up a collection. I'm sure it will brighten his spirits knowing we are in his corner. Maybe Eric can list a PayPal email or PM it to us to send some cash to cover the costs.

Jon's friend Amanda is still on life support and things look very doubtful for her to survive her injuries... Terrible for all. It could have been any of us.

Robb

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    great idea.

10. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Let's fill his room until they have to put some out in the hall. That will lift his spirits :D

11. scowman

scowman F1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Horrible news.

12. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I'm in

Ciao

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Do we know if he's still in critical condition? I would like to send something to the hospital but I want to make sure that he will still be there and not get moved to another hospital or trauma center. If he's out of life threatening condition, then the chances are good that he will be there for at least a little while to recover his strength.

14. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I'm in as well.

15. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Oh no! He's in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully he will have a good recovery, they are rarely speedy.

-F

16. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Me too I'm in - whoever sets it up, can you post the instructions , I would like to donate as well.

I like dr tommys idea that his room should be filled if we could.

Thoughts and prayer for full recovery, and for Amanda to turn the corner today ! She needs to pull out of this

17. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    #192 Robb, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    It might be easiest to coordinate this through Eric (3forty8) since he is a local friend. He PM'd me that he was moving forward with flowers. It is still 6:40am pacific there.

Hopefully he can check to see his status / room.

As of 2 hours ago, he was still at Sharp Memorial Hospital according to his brother.

Robb

18. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Thanks Robb for the updates. I have been checking this thread often for updates and hoping for the best for Jon and Amanda.

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I will talk to him.

20. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I called the hospital but no one answers until 8am

Sharp Memorial Hospital
    7901 Frost Street
    San Diego, California 92123
    +18008274277

From their website:

"From snacks to flowers, our gift shops have everything you need. Complimentary delivery to patient rooms is also provided.

Please note that for health reasons patients in our intensive care, oncology and transplant units cannot receive live plants or flowers. This includes rooms 101 through 130, 201 through 224, 301 through 324 and 501 through 532.

Sharp Memorial Gift Shop
    Hours: Monday through Friday: 9 am to 7 pm; Saturday and Sunday: 10 am to 4 pm
    Phone: 858-939-3544"

So hopefully someone can call and find out Jon's room and relay the info. If he is still in intensive care, he can't receive flowers... So open to other ideas if that is the case. Pm Eric.

I am about to go down here in Indonesia so I will pass the ball.

Robb

21. davidoloan

davidoloan Formula Junior

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    Get well soon Bullfighter - Jon. Best wishes for your friend too. Tragic news.

The Police and Fire and Ambulance people showed a lot of care in the video - great people.

22. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Robb and Rob,

I called Sharp Memorial this morning and gave them Jon's full name and correct spelling and they claim they do not have any patient there by that name - either the hospitals he and Amanda were taken to have been mixed up or they are not releasing the information for some reason. I don't think it is possible Jon could have been released yet?

Very sorry to hear about Amanda's condition. I will give Scripps a call later this morning and figure out what is going on here.

23. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #198 NeuroBeaker, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Balloons?

All the best,
    Andrew.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Jon is still in the trauma center as of 10AM today, and apparently that is treated like a different hospital and thus the difficulty tracking him down.

PM myself (or Robb or Rob Lay) for his contact details; given Jon's public profile as an author I want to respect his privacy in this matter and ensure this information is not in a publicly searchable thread such as this one.

When Jon's condition improves, if any San Diego F-chatters would like to coordinate a visit, please PM me as well.

Thank you,
    Eric

25. SOneThreeCoupe

Mar 30, 2016
    Fallbrook, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Culver
    #200 SOneThreeCoupe, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    Jon is at Sharp Memorial; they're just playing the cards close to the vest given the severity of his situation.

He was still in ICU as of 8:26 this morning. I do not know the room number or any other information.

I do not know Jon's family, so updates from me are limited, but I was heavily involved in the restoration of his Speedster and have known him for about eight years as a client. He's a great guy and it troubles me greatly that this tragedy has occurred.

If I hear anything else, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Edit: Eric beat me to it.