Bullfighter selling 328! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Bullfighter selling 328!

Discussion in '308/328' started by wetpet, Jul 26, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    #51 climb, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
    I've never seen Bullfighter's car but i have to say that Black Metallic when seen in person is mesmerizing. When the light hits it the brown and metallic colors come together in a way pictures don't reveal. I'd hate to give that car up just based on the color and overall condition.

It'll be interesting to see what replaces it.

2. ace_pilot

ace_pilot Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    George
    I think he's buying Robbie's 355 to restore. That car needs a lot of work with the black wheels and all that stickynomore and no-less. LOL!

Ace

3. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Finally, Bullfighter is getting a carb 308gtb and seeing the light. :)

4. davidbealGT4

davidbealGT4 Karting
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2007
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    David Beal
    I don't own a Ferrari yet. You're luckier then I. :)

However, that's besides the point. The fact is, no one no where is paying $55k for an early 328. If you price it at 45k it'll sell fast though.

5. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    #55 Robb, Jul 28, 2009
    I am very sad to see that Jon's 328 will be moving on. I would have bought it in a heartbeat (at that price) had I not bought mine last year. I do believe that the best cars command the best prices. Especially when you consider the interior re-do because he is a fanatic, and all else is in order. Nice 328's no matter the year will always be moving up, not down. The beaters and over-used cars on ebay will only mis-inform those not in the know. I agree that in this market, most cars would be taking a hit. A year ago - this 328 would be at 65k+. I have had the chance to photograph it and ride in it during a stint on assignment in San Diego. Absolutely great guy and a beautiful car. If anything he is not tooting its horn as much as he could, so that whoever buys it can enjoy the surprise that it is "under stated - over delivered".

Jon was a huge help in me finding my Argento 328 and I will always be thankful...

He may be in another room on the forum (isn't he in all of them already?...) but that will just add more interesting finds and stories for his new model.

I will guess another F-car - either a 512 TR, Dino or Daytona. The only other (modern)car would be a 550 or 575 but I can't imaging them needing a renovation...

We'll see.

Robb

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    It's gotta be a Dino. :)

7. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    we need to start a pole for this. "What is Bullfighter's next Ferrari". So far, we have quite a bit of good conjecture.

8. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    The obvious choise is a GT4! Duh!

Cheers!

9. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I think what the problem always seems to be is people compare average cars, to crappy cars, and then good strong cars with one brush of the bottom feeders price. I know the American way the last decade has been the Wal mart attitude on buying on price..and the cheapest price, but there are still many people that want quality. I can assure you he may even be 5-10k lower.

The proper way to compare is to look at 5 328s for sale in the price range and then buy the best car for the money...right now, he is the best car for the money....there is no way you could make a 45K 328 look or run like Jons at 55K. Case in point, look at the 355s/360s/TRs out there in the lower price points, and then the ones in the higher price point....not everyone wants a dead car ;).

10. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    MotorCars Intl. sold a 1987 GTS very quickly and I believe it was listed around $55k, maybe even higher. I would be surprised if it sold for less than $50k.

http://www.motorcars-intl.com/vehicle_details.aspx?id=754&CAR=Ferrari-328-GTS

Where can you find a nice example for $45k? I'm sure other serious shoppers would love to know.

-F

11. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    typical non-owner reply.
    some advise: if you like to ever own one, be quick!

12. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    +1

13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    #63 GrigioGuy, Jul 28, 2009
    I'm -way- over in the driver camp, and my 328 is worth maybe $28K on a good day. There's no way to get from my car to Jon's in cosmetic quality for the difference in price. In a vacuum, $55K is a great price for the car, and I hope he gets it.

Unfortunately, at that range he's competing all the way up to the 355s, and unless one really -wants- a 328 it's hard to pass on the value the newer cars bring. (edit: and the 355-360-430 values just got kicked in the head by that beautiful new 458. OMG!)

Tough market.

14. ZiFF

ZiFF Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2009
    Nice car, will be interesting to see what the market will bear.

15. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Well, no, that is the point.

16. ZiFF

ZiFF Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2009
    LOL, true!

17. miami420

miami420 Karting

Jun 27, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Shaan Dholakia
    #67 miami420, Jul 28, 2009
    wow in three years ive absorbed so much knowledge from this community. in fact, thats all i've done. absorb knowledge. never felt ready to become an active member...yet.

i just feel inclined to say your an idiot. godspeed to the seller & the fine specimen.

regards,

sd

18. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    Luck has nothing to do with it.

If you want something exceptional, you usually pay an according price. It won't be everybodies car, but for those who are seeking top level, it's a very economical proposition. Restoring a mediocre car to that level will cost way more.

Personally I'd prefer a non-abs 328, as I don't like the wheels on those; I don't think it is a deciding point anyway, quality should be your first priority.

19. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #69 Dino944, Jul 28, 2009
    Its all about condition! Sure there are 45K cars out there, and for some people that might be the right car for their needs. But if I were in the market for a 328 I'd want the very best quality I could find both cosmetically and in terms of its service history. Anyone who has been around these cars long enough knows that its far cheaper to buy a $55-60K 328 than to buy a 40-45K 328 and try to bring it up the the same level of quality and condition as the cars in the higher price ranges.

Jon, don't feel badly about David's suggested selling price for your car...I think its his opening offer to buy your car. Tell David you have a special deal just for him, $56,500 and the car is his!

Best regards,
    Dino

20. ace_pilot

ace_pilot Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    George
    I don't think we should even go into the value of Jon's car since only a few of us (not including me) have even seen the car. I feel that most owners would be insulted if people started low-balling their cars. We owe Jon a lot for his words of wisdom on this board and we should just leave it at that.

Now to guess what his next car will be... I think that's a more interesting topic!

Ace

21. Imola82

Imola82 Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Stu
    I'm going to guess Red/Tan 89' 328 (convex wheels). I'm only kidding, good luck w/the sale of your car. I don't know you personally but have read countless posts of yours, so I know how much you swear by the 328 (especially in nero metallico pre-suspension update and ABS). I can bet that years after you sell this car you will buy it back!

22. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I have seen Jon's car up close, and it really is exceptional. I can't speak for the engine, but with Jon being as meticulous as he is, and Gary Bobileff manning the wrenches, I am willing to bet the mechanicals are every bit as well cared for as the rest. The only question in my mind is, what replacement is compelling enough to make him willing to part with such a special and well loved machine?

I'm waiting on the edge if my seat.....

23. Irishman

Irishman F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2005
    Raleigh
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Maybe it's the air conditioning? :):)

24. mustardfj40

mustardfj40 Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northen California
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Always interesting to see someone without a Ferrari thinks how much your Ferrari should worth. Yes, get one and start dumping money and effort into it and tell us how much you think your Ferrari should worth :)

25. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    It would be *rude* for someone to speculate on the value of someone elses car in one of their for sale thread...

Or heavens forbid, suggest that a buyer seek another model Ferrari.

;)