Bullfighter selling 328! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Bullfighter selling 328!

Discussion in '308/328' started by wetpet, Jul 26, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GTVeloce

GTVeloce Karting

Jul 19, 2009
    Kauai Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I have never seen Bullfighter's 328, but it looks beautiful to me. When buying a used Ferrari, the extra $10k or $15k for a restored pristine car is money well spent. Just ask anyone that has brought a car, almost any car, up to "as-new" condition. And it's not just the money. The amount of time an owner spends looking for just the right part, the right whatever, is enormous. Having been such an owner (restored BMW), I think Bullfighter has earned his premium and more.

2. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T
    #77 cmt6891, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
    IMHO, it all comes down to two types of Ferrari owners, those who have the passion and those who, well I can think of a number of.... I have not seen the car nor do I know "Bullfighter" but have read many of his posts. He most definitely has the passion and likely then some. That attribute adds all the value, IMHO, when looking to buy. When I first saw the listing my initial reaction was why at $55K? Someone will get a great example.

3. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    I hope Bullfighter gets the price this fine car deserves.
    If for no other reason than that it will mean that the buyer respects the car and will maintain it to the same high standard.

4. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    There is only one "Bullfighter's 328" that exists. It is 1 of 1.
    The car will always have that heritage.
    (It is kind of like buying Napolis' P4/5. Okay, maybe not exactly like that. :) )

5. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    Well put.

6. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    Well, I am one of the few that has not only seen his car but I have ridden in it with him. Trust me, the mechanical side of the car done by GaryB's boys are every bit as nice as the exterior of the car.

His car is worth what he is asking for it. Period. Beal, you are a jackhammer.

MB

7. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have met Jon (great guy) and he was gracious enough to give me a ride in the black beauty; it is a GREAT car; you don't win the Italian Concours for nothing. He should get the price he is asking; the car is worth it. It will simply take someone who is looking for a prisitine black 328, and that person is out there somewhere.

8. GTVeloce

GTVeloce Karting

Jul 19, 2009
    Kauai Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Yes, there are those folks out there...and they are watching very closely. And looking for a spare $55k!

9. Pete Wall

Pete Wall Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Top 328s in Australia would be a steal at that asking price. In fact it'd be rare to find any 328 for an AUD (Aussie dollar) equivalent price.

It seems to me that the car would be appealing to an existing 328 owner who wanted a first class car. For a modest change over price they can upgrade to a car already in top condition.

The, IMO, small premium for a superlative car is a 'no brainer'.

All the best with the sale Jon & the new purchase.

10. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Plus it might be a great investment ...

Think how much Bullfighter will pay for it a few years from now when he's dying to buy it back. :) j/k

11. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    There's a Superformance GT40 close to me with Roush and original GT40 transmission, Gulf livery.

12. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    An astute comment, actually.

13. Imola82

Imola82 Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Stu
    Agreed read my post, #71 in this thread.

14. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda

That is what I was thinking too!!!!!

Michael Brown

15. CliffBeer

CliffBeer Formula 3

Apr 3, 2005
    Seattle, Washington
    Full Name:
    Cliff
    Hi,

I'm sorry, not following you, what's that??

16. CliffBeer

CliffBeer Formula 3

Apr 3, 2005
    Seattle, Washington
    Full Name:
    Cliff
    Hi Futureman,

In case you're unaware, you're in a automotive forum here which means the spirit of the dialog is collegial interaction across topics of an automotive nature. This specific forum is oriented towards ferraris but again, the heart of the matter is collegial interaction and dialog.

The topic of this thread was what car might bullfighter be buying since he's selling his ferrari. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this topic.

17. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I think Jon wants a boxer, injected with a BAR cert of course. Nothing like driving a 308/328 I can assure you. I drove mine to and from the cottage this week (got back today in it), had a blast using the gobs of torque on the country back roads. Hey plus I got 320 KMS on a half a tank of fuel.

18. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Better fuel economy than the P4/5, which is important in the current economy.

Nice, but we don't have KMs down here.

19. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman

kms sounds faster

20. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Jon, for some reason, I JUST saw this thread. Man, I can't believe you are selling it. I understand the reasons, but never thought YOU'D get rid of this 328. I also agree that it's worth more than $55K and that whoever buys it will surely have an investment against your future repurchase! ;)

21. Futureman

Futureman Formula 3

May 16, 2007
    My guess would be a 1955-1958 Porsche Speedster, black. Of course, that was taken from his profile of "wanted cars". So I guess I cheated. If that's what he wants, I hope he finds it. Obviously, then he would spend most of his time on PorscheChat. I would hope that he stops by to say hello from time to time and lower himself to discuss Ferrari's with us. After all, this is FERRARIChat...where one comes to discuss Ferrari's (as a fan, not a hater). This isn't PorscheChat...nor is it AutomotiveChat. I would hope that he wouldn't keep coming here everyday to tell us every chance he gets how much we all need to buy a "1955-1958 Porsche Speedster, black" and it's way better than our lowly Ferrari's. That would be really phucking annoying. It would be like going to GayChat and yelling "I love ***ina!" every chance you get.

22. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    I have no idea what it is that Jon may be getting, and admittedly I am curious (thus the 90+ replies in this thread).

My HOPE is that it is at least another Ferrari and my other HOPE is that Bullfighter will at least continue to grace us with his presence.

My final HOPE about this is that he gets what he is asking for such a fine car as it is undoubtedly worth it.

PDG

23. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    For those of us with secret other lives on the dark side, a certain F-chatter has been spied asking lots of questions over on another GERMAN! car forum about 356 A speedsters??????? Hhmmmmmmm, I'm thinkin' we've got our winner!!! Lol

24. effer

effer Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    near Montréal
    Full Name:
    François R.
    I do not know you very much Bullfighter; you seem to be a person with a lot of class IOW a quality person, but assuming it will be another Ferrari, could it be a F40 or a 288 GTO ?

Maybe I am totally out of the track ...

25. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    This question is not whether Bullfighter's car is worth it, its how it will take before potential future 328 owner realize this and buy it. Being one who always looks for a bargain and feels most people ask too much for their cars, I have to admit that this a bargain.

I just knew that Jon would ask for more for his car even in this market.