Bundaberg Rum - retail source in US? | FerrariChat

Bundaberg Rum - retail source in US?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by 3forty8, Sep 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #1 3forty8, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    About a decade ago I bought a case of Bundy from Nick's in Australia, and now I'm out. They won't ship spirits to the US anymore; I contacted Bundaberg directly and they have no US distributors, no plans to move into the US market and their online store won't ship to the US.

The Whiskey Exchange in the UK has a bonded carrier in NY and I can get the basic Bundy varieties through them; although they don't carry any of the limited editions. Is anyone aware of an Australian bottle shop that ships to the US? Or an online US retailer that carries the limited editions? Has anyone in the US used mybottleshop.com.au for spirits and can share their experience? Their checkout looks like they ship to the US, but my email inquiries to them have gone unanswered so I'm a little hesitant to order from them.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Can't help you, but what makes it so special? Is it that good a rum? Just asking out of curiosity.

3. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Their rum is really quite good, although there are some comparable domestically available options. It has special significance to me from my visit there and our very own PAP348 bringing me a bottle on his trip to California. I also like to stock my liquor cabinet with unusual stuff I find on my travels, and unlike the Absinthe I've picked up in Europe, I actually enjoy Bundaberg rum!

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Cool. Hope you find it!!

5. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

This is relevant to my interests as well.

I'll be in Sydney for 3 weeks in December and plan on bringing some back. Would be nice to be able to find it here though.