Burago 1987 F40 | FerrariChat

Burago 1987 F40

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by brainstorm, Jan 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brainstorm

brainstorm Rookie

Jan 15, 2006
    Hi everyone can anyone help me ive got quite a few 1:18 models but the one im trying to track down is a Burago model Ferrari F40 1987 which apparantly had the wrong transfers put on . I think the model no is cod3332 , my problem is i cant find anyone with one or even how much im going to have to fork out to get one. Hope someone can help thanks.

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    search for burago f40, a few pop up. the second link in google points to ebay.uk.

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Moved to the appropriate sub-forum.

4. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I have a Burago F40 in the attic somewhere, i will try and dig it out.

5. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    I've also heard there is a early Bburago F40 that doesn't have the correct air intake at the back window. I believe I have one of those. Not quite sure though.

6. Kingpin328

Kingpin328 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    Air outlets - it's correct alright, being a model of the prototype. Mirrors are different as well, rear fog-lights, steering wheel, err .....

Same goes for the Bburago F50 if I'm not mistaken, also model of the prototype (check the hood, in front of rear wheels, different shut-line from pruduction version).

7. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    '

No, I meant the air inlet behind the little triangular side windows. I don't know what to call them. I must say, I've never paid that much attention to it.

8. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

I have one in the basement somewhere.

9. Kingpin328

Kingpin328 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    Ah, my mistake. Those are inlets indeed. Anyway, in hindsight a pretty cra.. ehm basic model, I had to wait for one in back-order for 8 months, way back in '87 or so. Go figure ...