@@@ BUSTED @@@ | Page 8 | FerrariChat

@@@ BUSTED @@@

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Stackhouse, Oct 2, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nicke

Nicke Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2005
    Hellsinki
    Full Name:
    Nicke Forsell
    +1

2. ^On The Rise^

^On The Rise^ Karting

Sep 22, 2008
    The Woodlands, TX
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Well I guess you didnt read his previous reply that stated this, "Now can you please explain to me what is reckless about going 125mph on a straight interstate way on dry road, clear weather with no traffic in a car with CCBs and superior handling to most other vehicles on the road, when the road is zoned for worst case scenarios [18 wheeler, wet road, night]. Yes I will sell my cars and take the bus. Thanks for the tip, I don't know what I would have done without your infinite source of wisdom."

I understand that driving 100+ mph could take an innocent life ,a monkey could figure that out. However I don't mind when people are doing it on a road where no one is around to harm, but It's a different story when the drive is hitting those speeds in the broad daylight with innocent civilians on the road weaving in and out of traffic.

3. lowboy

lowboy Karting

Feb 20, 2008
    Underground
    I have a great busted story ..but no pics...
    A couple of weeks ago I was entering an on ramp for a highway ... when a city cop chased me down and pulled me over (on the very long on ramp) He asked me why I was going so fast.. I said "I wasn't" I asked him what was the real reason he pulled me over because I wasn't speeding.... he goes on to tell me he never pulled over a Ferrari and he wanted to check it out.. he continued to ask me what I do for a living bla bla bla... now the best part is he hands me back my paperwork and asks me to let it go a bit .... I said you want me to let it go??? he said yea.. I want to see what this thing can do :)) I don't have to be told twice... I ran it through the gears.. and hit more than 200 kmh by the next exit .... hey I had permission.
    (in ontario they take your car away at 150kmh) btw ... no traffic and dry roads :)

4. ducowti

ducowti Formula 3

Jan 27, 2008
    NY/SC
    Full Name:
    David
    Wasn't that great?! Very cool :cool: Back in April I had a similar experience, only we actually raced to ~120m. I thought I might be in for some entrapment :eek:

5. Kevin2772

Kevin2772 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Amen Sprite......Buy'em to drive'em!

6. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Would anyone believe me if I told you, that the guy in the picture with the black and white designed Gallardo, is the CEO of Lamborghini Miami? His name is Brett David. I saw a video that documents him taking over his fathers business and then later on was supposed to spawn into a mini internet tv series. But I guess it didn't fare too well with the audience. If anyone wants to know more about him, let me know and I'll post the link in this thread. Its a small world after all.

7. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    +1, thats not a versace is it?

8. Toronto308

Toronto308 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Esteban
    #183 Toronto308, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    hope you didn't get a ticket for that?

10. Toronto308

Toronto308 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Esteban
    $110. :(

11. rddvl

rddvl Rookie

Jan 14, 2008
    New Zealand
    #186 rddvl, Aug 8, 2009
  12. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    "just pay it" or "gotta fix it" ?

I have bad dreams about this.... 1.8 years, 22 speedtraps, 45+ cops coming my way... not yet
    for ME :)

Do tell....

Jedi

13. rddvl

rddvl Rookie

Jan 14, 2008
    New Zealand
    Know wonder you hav'nt had a ticket, you can use the force Jedi, ha ha. Did you find that part for your 328?

14. Toronto308

Toronto308 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Esteban
    Both. First he handed me the ticket, then went on about how to pay (if you can't pay it now write a letter, yada, yada). I tried to explain that the car loses value when non-original parts are put on the car. He suggested drilling two holes in the bumper! When I explained that would cost me $$ in value loss he answered I'll need to do something or I will keep getting fined. This is my first ticket in 3 years of ownership. I was given a warning twice.

22 speedtraps in 1.8 years?!

15. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    #190 Blue4reF1, Sep 6, 2009
  16. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner