Buxton clueless again | FerrariChat

Buxton clueless again

Discussion in 'F1' started by TifosiUSA, Oct 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/144998-buxton-sympathy-for-the-devil

Good lord. Guy acts like Ferrari has had the best car all season (LOL) and then goes on to say this about Domenicali:

"Coming out of the Todt era was always going to be hard but in Stefano Domenicalli the team had an erudite racer who understood the sport and the company's politics. A quiet man he may have been but he was a brilliant operator and a man who deserves no ill feeling from the tifosi. Under him there seems little doubt the Scuderia would have continued to fight for championships."

Stefano "we must stay calm" Domenicali? Seriously? I cannot for the life of me understand how a guy as clueless as Will Buxton manages to have a career reporting on F1. He is the absolute worst.

Guy clearly has an axe to grind with Ferrari ("a snarling, rabid gang of thugs") Really?

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I can only assume Buxton has been on the receiving end of some verbal and/or physical pushing and shoving from the men in red in the paddock...being somewhat vertically challenged perhaps this is his answer?

Pen>Sword

3. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Ferrari has been more closed off to the media this year. I think they're just getting mad about that. Buxton is also probably looking to increase his profile since NBCSN is dropping F1

4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    That Buxton thing must have his head so far up Elton's ass he must eat **** all day, so no wonder the kind of crap that comes out from his mouth!

5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    It amazes me how such an imbecil gets a job!! he should talk about how pretty and nice guy Elton is, not about something he knows **** about! First, It was under Stefano that Massa lost a title he should have easily won (and this was mainly due to some crapy mistakes by the pits), second, nobody fired Domenicale, it was he who resigned after his friend and Engine chief (Marmorini) got fired, so please Mr Buxton, have to courtesy to get your facts straight, or else shut the **** up!

6. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
  7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I commented on this already in another thread. Yup, total drivel. Ferrari has one of the best seasons in recent years.

8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  9. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    He can't be "Clueless again". He always has been and will always be, so he is just "Clueless"....he is the junior reincarnation of Peter Windsor.

tifosi12 likes this.
  10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Whoa! Now THAT's an insult. :) :) :)

Wiener Pinzor, the worst journalist I've ever seen. What a complete jack***

Is he still selling carbon fibre toasters? :0

11. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Windsor was awful and I was happy when he was gone. Then we were treated to Buxton.

I'm looking forward to Buxton telling me which random driver running about 7th is going to win the race

12. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I liked Peter Windsor - at least he actually worked in F-1 and had some good perspective. Buxton is just a kid.. sadly this is probably the future of reporting in the sport... I think its spoilt milk, that he does not have relationships in Ferrari... he's a brit and is pretty clear that he supports all the other brits... its "their" sport...in his opinion. Buxton over exaggerates it all.... and if Ferrari are so closed off how can he be so sure Arrivebene is out???? Perhaps he should learn some Italian, and stop being a brit prick.

13. petrol_junkie

petrol_junkie Karting

Jan 16, 2017
    Dublin
    Agree with him on the treating of the media its been disgusting & embarrassing.

14. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    It could be that wee Willie is just stupid.

15. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Bring on
    Alain de Cadenet -
    “I went racing for the women, but I got to like the cars”

16. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    He's just a cool guy! I met him at Goodwood - and he's exactly like you see him on TV... suave but a guys guy!

17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I guess i'll satart an f.1 blog of my own, if Will B.U.L.L.S.*.*.* can do it without knowing the diference between an f.1 and a dishwasher, i'm bound to be a success...except in uk of course....(well not all of the uk, some actualy know what a car is and like Ferraris...

18. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Some journalists like Buxton and Saward are quite annoyed about the media "blackout" at Ferrari and they aren't hiding it. They're those journalists that think that they're part of the show instead of just observers.

Personally I don't give a dang about the media blackout. 99% of what the teams tell to the media is just PR BS and promo stuff. Also as Enzo Ferrari said, the myths when get seen too closely are less myths.

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Buxton has always been an irrelevant **** who jumps on every single bandwagon when it suits him. I'm sure every single ****ing GP2 race he's commented on anyone that finished in the top 10 was bound to be an F1 future champion (his words). Say it enough and you'll bound to be right at some point.

20. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

BAAAAAAAAASSSSS!!!!.....welcome back.

NEP, CSM0TION and Bas like this.
  21. CSM0TION

CSM0TION Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Agreed, welcome back man!

Bas likes this.
  22. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I can't understand anything Buxton says in the segments he does on TV. Everything comes out breathlessly rushed in a huge run-on sentence, with lots of filler phrases/words to keep the diatribe rolling, and I really don't take anything away from it at all. Couldn't tell you of a single point he was making, he's just so incomprehensibly frantic.

When interviewing drivers afterwards, he seems to put words in their mouths and keeps repeating what he wants them to say rather than ask questions for them to answer. They seem to look at him for a moment in disbelief before trying to say something sensible. He comes across to me as passionate, but not a good broadcaster.

All the best,
    Andrew.

23. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    exactly. maybe Ferrari (rightfully) decided to stop wasting their time talking to the media spin doctors

24. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    agree 100% and when he does his grid walk you can practically see TPs and drivers run away from him before he corners them to ask some inane questions

welcome back dude!

Bas likes this.
  25. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Welcome back Bas!

Bas likes this.