buy 430 Scuderia now or wait? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

buy 430 Scuderia now or wait?

Discussion in '360/430' started by ferrariluk, Jan 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thusly

thusly Karting

+1

The CGT clutch takes getting use to at initial take-off and not sure it becomes second nature unless one drives the car all the time (at least not for me). That said, the 430s are "effortless" to drive the minute you start the car and from the standpoint of upshifts and downshifts (blipping). The electronics also greatly aid going fast quickly without the same level of concentration as required in the CGT. The CGT makes you work all the time to keep it moving fast and balanced. A true joy to drive and hear in any event. (BTW - my comments are generally related to track driving.)

2. TDW

TDW Rookie

Jan 29, 2009
    if I am a first time "F" buyer, how much can I purchase a Scuderia from a dealer with < 100 miles or brand new?

3. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #28 ylshih, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    $$$ :D

In all seriousness, dealers and Ferrari are working to hold MSRP. Whether they succeed or not may depend on your local market.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. h00kem

h00kem Guest

Dec 15, 2004
    Texas
    Wait and buy one gently used. Got a call today from the San Antonio Ferrari dealership and they are crying for Scuderia customers just to commit their new car allotment. The Scuderia prices are getting ready to drop like a rock...but not as fast as the value of my 575M. Ouch!

5. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Wait for the 430 replacement? How long will that take? How long will it take for the CS/Scud version (whatever they decide to call it) to come out after that? How long will the list be? Outside of Maranello, who knows for sure? However, you can get a Scud with 2,000 miles for $300K today. Just have to take it in silver/black with yellow calipers.

6. h00kem

h00kem Guest

Dec 15, 2004
    Texas
    My belief is that at the current rate of drop in the economy and based on the calls I am getting from dealers (I used to have a difficult time getting them to return MY calls to THEM) over the next 6 months of so you are going to see an even bigger drop in the cost of modern Ferrari cars. The next waive of commercial loan defauts will almost guarantee it. If you are not worried about the steep depreciation and want a Scud, then buy it now.

My point is that we are in a rapidly declining market for modern Ferrari cars right now and I am seeing signs that if you are a bargain seeker (like me) you are going to see many, many opportunities to pick these cars up at a very good discount to the current market. No one likes to hear it, including me, but the fact is our modern cars are dropping like a rock and we are all feeling it.

7. Exotic Marques

Exotic Marques Karting
    BANNED

Jan 18, 2009
    That's an interesting comment h00kem, I was under the impression that SA (and several others) were under a strict allotment reduction. You would think they would covet their incoming cars simply to have inventory to show.

Things must be worse, at least in SA, than thought. I am getting the same calls from dealers nationwide.

8. h00kem

h00kem Guest

Dec 15, 2004
    Texas
    Agree. But as we know, when things kick into survival mode the rules, the interpretation of them, often change. I'm getting called from both coasts!

9. Exotic Marques

Exotic Marques Karting
    BANNED

Jan 18, 2009
    Yeah, survival mode is apparently the operative phrase. :)

10. kumbayah

kumbayah Karting

Jul 3, 2006
    Grab that Scud, Forget about the rest.

11. jdcohenmd

jdcohenmd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    #36 jdcohenmd, Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017