BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!! LUCKY MOTORS CHICAGO | Page 2 | FerrariChat

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!! LUCKY MOTORS CHICAGO

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by jmbarba76, Nov 4, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Sorry to hear about your experience. I usually avoid these types of dealers and buy from owner or legit established dealers. Had a similar situation here in Chicago at a classic Porsche I was looking it. Went to inspect it, discovered fenders didn't line up. Asked to take it for a test drive, and they told me "we don't allow test drives." And before they could finish, I was out the door.

2. DavidBrown

DavidBrown Karting

Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Bluff, IL
    Full Name:
    David Brown
    Stick with the established retail outlets that have good reputations and vocal followings.

3. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    sorry but a car at that price i would of looked at the pictures then gone a looked at it before paying the money

4. bodyguard12

bodyguard12 Rookie

Feb 26, 2014
    I had a personal experience with this dealership and extensive interaction with the owner Chris Wright. All I can say is stay away! Even a local inspection and they'll find some way to screw you.

5. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    I can't fathom that such a car could be worth 70k, in any condition. Holy moly. 70k for an old Chevy?

In the eye of the beholder.

6. jmbarba76

jmbarba76 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 12, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe B
    Chris was the guy who literally told me to go F myself and hung up the phone. They advertise on eBay and YouTube a lot. A friend of mine recently was looking at a 430 they had for sale until I told him my experiences with the dealership. For us it was a lesson learned the hard way. Don't trust anyone's word anymore, it doesn't mean anything. Beware of dealers like this, and spend a couple hundred bucks to fly and look first. It will save you thousands in the long run.

7. bstbrgr7

bstbrgr7 Rookie

Mar 16, 2007
    Sorry to say I live near Lucky Motors and know of his not to good reputation. I wish you would have posted looking for a reference about him or go check the car out before you sent a nickel. I don't know what to tell you now. I can't ask around to see how you can tackle this situation.

8. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    I don't know if that's fair assessment, maybe they are so wealthy 70k isnt that much money to them, I have seen guys spend 450K and wire the money overseas for a car and wait six months to get it without batting an eye.

I had a person buy a car from me once, wired me money sight unseen and sent a truck to get it, he ignored my emails for months when I asked him if he was pleased with the purchase. I was concerned that he was not happy so tracked down and phone number and called him.. I was surprised when he said that he honestly hadn't even looked at the car, it went into his warehouse with his hundreds of cars and that was that..

Must be nice to have that kind of car money.

9. tradewinds808

tradewinds808 Karting

May 6, 2014
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I don't understand how people can consider themselves to be reputable and sell something like that. False advertisement at best

10. GG Allin

GG Allin Karting

Nov 11, 2007
    FWIW I avoid all dealers. Car dealers are the scum of the earth.

11. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I really, really hate all generalizations.........

12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Super sorry to hear this story. Just focus on getting everything fixed and restored. As others said, it's salvageable. Consider it some good ok father and son bonding time wrenching together!

13. BT ZR1

BT ZR1 Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Toronto
    as is where is does not excuse fraud. Get a lawyer now.

14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Agreed,

You should at the very least have an initial consultation and see where you stand.

15. jmbarba76

jmbarba76 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 12, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe B
    I think my father just wants to forget about the past and get the car sorted out. His restoration guy that he uses is probably $20k into the mechanical restoration at this point. Knowing my father he will probably sink another $30 or $40k into it before he puts it away and never drives it. Which is just fine with me, I personally think the car is hideous. But hey, thats what he likes! I just hate seeing someone like my father get screwed like that. He's a really good guy who has a passion for old cars.

16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I'm really sorry to hear that - I commend your father's attitude of moving forward and making the best of it - sounds like a good guy to me!

But I still would suggest you do some minimum legal legwork to see if you have a case - as somebody else here stated - fraud is fraud.

17. LamboRider

LamboRider Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2011
    You dropped $70k on a classic car and wouldn't spend $300 for a plane ticket to see it yourself?
    Something doesn't add up. Not sure iif it is being lazy or ignorant but your due diligence is needed in every purchase of an "As-Is" sale. It is your money and most contracts have a clause that states that the buyer has an option to inspect the vehicle or have it inspected by a shop but you decided not to do that.
    Tough lesson to learn.

18. chris@luckymotors.com

BANNED

Jun 4, 2014
    A message from Chris wright from lucky motors, we have built a used car dealer based on honesty and integrity! I post my cell phone one many sites if somebody has a problem they can call me.Now we do sell used cars not new in all kinds of condition we have sold over 9500 cars and trucks in the last seven years obviously we cannot keep everybody happy,especially the unreasonable or irrational people. All I would say is an A+ rating with the BBB is established by responding and handling all concerns,and we have A+ rating there, a also a 100% rating on ebay this has also been established by taking care of customers. most other sites can be given corrupted information and false rating by people or dealers wanting to hate on our success. I hope this has been of some help and if anybody has a concern feel free to call me directly yes on my cell 847-909-9999 24/7 and if don't answer I will call you back I answer or return every call.
    Sincerely.
    Chris wright.

19. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross

Chris,
    Talk is cheap.
    Perhaps after you figure out a new user name you will tell us what you have done to satisfy the original poster. Better yet he'll chime in because you've made things right.

20. jmbarba76

jmbarba76 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 12, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe B
    They have done nothing to make things right. Chris, did your boss, the owner, not tell me to f#ck myself on our last phone call? You were offered the car shipped back to you at my fathers expense. No harm no foul. Any other standup company would've accepted that offer in the hopes the customer would buy something else or recommend your company as a company that stands behind your vehicles. Obviously Lucky Motors is NOT a stand up dealer. I saw your "A" rating on BBB and was baffled by that the fact that you have numerous unresolved complaints against your dealership and still a decent rating. Now I know to never use BBB to persuade my decision making and never buy anything from Lucky Motors. If this thread makes even one buyer pass on one of your vehicles, i can sleep better at night knowing someone else isn't going to get screwed by you!

21. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

you are 100 percent correct in your assertion and thinking.

22. YELO T

YELO T Formula 3

Jul 2, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Caveat Emptor applies here.

A few cellphone pics would have alerted you to the exact defects which are the basis of your complaint. In this day and age of digital communication, there is really no excuse for buying a car completely sight unseen.

A lawyer is not going to help you. Please save your lawyer money and use it to correct the defects, put this acrimony behind you, and enjoy your car.

Consider yourself lucky; some people send cash for a car and get ZERO in return.

23. diSCUDsted

diSCUDsted Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    The car was clearly a mess and proven not to be a "show" car (currently anyways) by any means just by viewing the pics in the original for sale ad. Sucks it turned out this way, but easily prevented.

And for future reference, BBB means nothing. It's a joke and can't be used as a legitimate source in any way at all.

24. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm an older guy that waited for the right car that I could afford. I can feel your fathers pain in not getting something that he always wanted and not getting it the way he wanted it to look. I understand that you as a loyal son would want to protect him but believe me when I say he is dealing with it the only way that he could and that is to get his car right. He may be enjoying it more this way. So, my advice to you is to let it go. Enjoy this time in his and your life by making this time a experience that you all will look back on with joy instead of hate.

25. jmbarba76

jmbarba76 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 12, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe B
    Mike I completely agree with you. I believe my father my father has learned a lesson here. Unfortunately it cost him quite a bit of money, but that is not even really the point of this thread. I realize that Lucky Motors will not make good on any wrong doing here. Especially after the owner himself told me to F off. I'm over that trust me. I sleep great at night knowing that I would never treat someone like that, in business or personally. The point of this thread is to warn others about this dealership and to make people think twice before buying anything from Lucky Motors. I think everyone that reads this thread thinks my father is crazy for spending $70k on a car that he has not seen in person, I am one of those people. My fathers biggest mistake here is trusting strangers. These guys wanted rid of this car and were going to lie and cheat people to do it. Moral of the story, don't trust peoples words. You never know when you'll run across people like the Lucky Motors crew.