Buyer inbound for local 95 F355 B. Anyone familiar? | FerrariChat

Buyer inbound for local 95 F355 B. Anyone familiar?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by bullmrkt.ian, Aug 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bullmrkt.ian

bullmrkt.ian Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 10, 2014
    Dayton, OH
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Hello all,

I’m preparing to head to Herndon, VA Thursday this week to pickup a 1995 F355 Berlinetta that was recently featured in a BaT auction (https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-ferrari-f355-6/), where it didn’t meet reserve but I was the high bidder and was able to work something out with the seller.

Anyway, fairly late notice but I was curious if anyone here is familiar with the car and/or owner, Jimmy Loughlin? It sounds like he takes it to local cars and coffee etc., so I figured someone here may be familiar.

Ive been lurking these cars for years and very excited at the prospect of my first Ferrari. Thanks in advance!

Ian

2. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I thought it might have been one of my old ones, but no luck.
    Hope it all works out. Keep us posted.

3. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Congrats on the ride. Herndon is 10 minutes from me but I’m not familiar with the PO or car. If you’re driving it home, maybe call and setup a quick inspection with Loudoun County Exotics. They are just down the road off 606.

ROMO and Piper like this.
  4. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Ditto, I'm also maybe 15 min away and highly recommend you go straight to LoCo Exotics for a PPI.

ROMO likes this.
  5. bullmrkt.ian

bullmrkt.ian Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 10, 2014
    Dayton, OH
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Thanks guys. Well the transaction was successful and I got the car back home to Ohio on Friday, August 30th. The seller was very particular and would not allow any other shops to perform PPI’s, “no one else touches my cars.” He’s a professional Porsche mechanic, so I did my best to quiz him. Everything checked out during my own PPI, so I went through with it. Other than being a bit rigid about his cars, he was a nice guy and was very knowledgeable about this car and the other cars he was working on in his garage.

The only real problem I can spot on the car is the typical-for-Berlinetta’s cracked buttresses, with a hairline crack in the paint on the right side and a crack with some minor bubbling on the left side. I’m looking into how to best address this, because I’d rather not mess with the factory-original paint, but I’m not so sure I’m going to be able to avoid that...

Absolutely love it so far, so much fun to drive and so different from my other cars. Here are some photos I took last night:

Attached Files:

ROMO, NbyNW, Piper and 1 other person like this.
  6. StanT

StanT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    Nice car, but what happened to the steering wheel air bag? Especially given the BaT photos.

7. bullmrkt.ian

bullmrkt.ian Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 10, 2014
    Dayton, OH
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Thanks! The seller offered me a nice Momo wheel, hub, and F40 horn button, which I accepted and swapped in. I really dislike the look of the early airbag wheels and they're dangerous at this age anyway so better to swap them out. Did the same on my 993TT. You don't need an airbag if you wear your seatbelt anyway...