Buyers & Sellers Beware: CNC Motorcars, Upland California | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Buyers & Sellers Beware: CNC Motorcars, Upland California

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by m5guy, Dec 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I’m an attorney here in North Texas and I had to help a local client secure a title on a Ferrari he purchased from them this spring/summer.They had promised him the title for weeks and weeks and failed to deliver. We had to threaten litigation to finally receive the title after many promises made went unkept.

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Good to hear you were made whole.
    The thread, as per fchat policy, can not be closed though as the dealer may want to comment on it so it should and will remain opened I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttforcefed likes this.
  3. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    what were your attorney fees?

4. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Unknown right now, likely not very high (minimal retainer fee), and not relevant other than for bench marking of retainers because the recovery of Attorney's Fees was not a specific clause of the original Consignment and Sale Agreement. I think the Dealer and I both understood that the four corners of the Agreement was what governed this transaction.

5. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Il Tifoso, FERRARI-TECH and Monteman like this.
  6. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Careful with the word disparagement. Read all of my posts as I am both represented by an Attorney and married to one. No disparagement by me, but I did lock a Facebook post to prevent others who are not party to a claim directly from rendering an opinion without cause. And also read my very first post carefully. I actually BOUGHT the car from CNC 2 years ago, so I am a repeat customer on BOTH the buy and sell side transactions. That in theory is 2x the sales commission for the Dealer.

Texas Forever likes this.
  7. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Updated on the main Ferrari Discussion forum: The dealer has now performed to the terms of the original Purchase and Sales Agreement. My claim of Breach of Contract which is historically documented by both their Stop Payment on the equity check to me, and their Stop Payment on the lien payoff check to PenFed, has been cured. Again, note the use of very specific and intentional language here. Thank you.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/147617919/

8. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Glad to hear the matter was resolved, the behavior was entirely inconsistent to everything I have heard regarding CNC since being on this board, and they have an envious inventory.

I will say this, due to Covid, problems across many companies are now the norm, and I would hope such was the case here.

Disclaimer: I have not transacted business with them, I do not know anyone that works there - but I do know many people that have been happy with their transactions during the past six years as both buyer and seller.

9. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Great news!!! 2021 is coming fast and will be a better year for everybody.

10. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
  11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well I think they did significant damage to their reputation.

12. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Thread closed. However, it can be reopened on request to the moderators by either the OP or CNC.

13. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    Interesting. I believe that sellers should only turn over title after receipt of funds. When you purchase a car you don’t walk out with title that day (at least in CA). I would encourage anybody who has turned over their car and title on consignment to take the title back as collateral. If your agreement is with a business entity they can file bankruptcy and you are SOL. I think the OP dodged a bullet by being proactive. Time will tell.

Texas Forever likes this.
  14. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    So sorry to hear about that Greg. Very scary. I always thought they were an upstanding dealer but this will kill them for sure, at least from my mind. Word spreads fast and memories are long.

15. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Steve, either you or the owner of CNC can always post your side of the story. Truth is an absolute defense to disparagement allegations.

A wise man once said “put up or shut up”. So far only crickets from your side and from what you said CNC is obviously aware of this thread. So as innocent bystanders the readers only have what is posted here to go on and based on that there are obviously “problems”.

16. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    We would like to hear the CNC side @srslusso, not just platitudes.

17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    CNC is the last exotic used car dealership I would think had problems or would try to pull this sort of thing off. I guess any business can run into financial issues. Any remember the Lambo OC debacle?

Never bought from them, but window shopped plenty of times and had a great non pushy experience each time. Usually dealt with Cam, but rather odd he’s not there anymore.

I would think exotic used car sales market was booming, but what do I know.

18. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I’ve only dealt with their service department (for 5 years) & they have been stellar.

19. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    2 sides to every story, poster already really sullied their reputation here over one weekend of not receiving his funds in total, seems strange to me..not judging but wouldn't make any sense for them to try and rip anyone off especially a measly 360 modena, when they have millions in inventory and used car market has been on fire & doing more than excellent during covid.

To me sounds like a disgruntled customer that doesn't understand funds sometimes take a while to clear or maybe buyer reneged and dealer was going through their paces dealing with both sides, then runs to social media totally obliterating someones reputation. This was all in under one week from what it seems..

srslusso likes this.
  20. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Sounds like you have no idea who you are talking about. Greg, the OP, has a reputation of the highest regard. I have known him for over a decade. He is known by many on Fchat as well.

sherpa23, dustman, Themaven and 3 others like this.
  21. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Multiple threads merged. It is a violation of site rules to post the same topic in multiple places. You pick one subforum that encompasses the scope of the topic and stick to it.

Thread still closed.

isitaboat and Texas Forever like this.