Buying a 458 spider | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Buying a 458 spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Scott Brick, Feb 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jac

jac Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    jack cohen
    Oops number was 202k

2. Scott Brick

Scott Brick Rookie

Jan 31, 2019
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Scott
    What was the price you paid vs listing price? If not to much to ask

3. jac

jac Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    jack cohen

4. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
  5. spieler

spieler Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2012
    miami florida
    Nero

6. spieler

spieler Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2012
    miami florida
    So did you get good news from the PPI?
    The only think i am not in love with this car are the seats, my preference is racing then daytona

7. Scott Brick

Scott Brick Rookie

Jan 31, 2019
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Scott
    So... I spoke to Ferrari of Atlanta about the service of this vehicle. They said they recommended a left sided fuel pump for 6k... the guy did not have it done there but did show me a receipt for fuel pump from a Ferrari shop that cost 1400. Should this be a deterrent? Why does a car with 12k miles need this?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Redrrari

Redrrari Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Florida
    Am I missing something? I do not see any pics of the car. My guess is that the color combination with the nero top is probably making it harder to sell hence the lower price. Anyhow good luck with your search. I have a 2013 458 spider, and I love it!

9. Scott Brick

Scott Brick Rookie

Jan 31, 2019
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Scott
    So I got bad news from Ron in Atlanta regarding the ppi. Highly recommend him, very detailed, got his name from this forum... anyway said quarter panel had been replaced and was not done very well probably to avoid Carfax. Also a lot of other issues including a tft screen that was unreliable. Since he knew this would be my First Ferrari he advised me to pass. Regardless I now looking for a red Ferrari 458 spider under 200k. The search continues. Thanks

10. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    Too low out of the gate! I looked for months before I bought my 13 Spider TDF with racing seats 200 and up seems to be the market so the 180 was SCREAMING WALk AWAY! Good Luck! they are fun to drive when its NOT RAINING!!!! in LA!!!!!!!!!

11. ncm6cabrio

ncm6cabrio Formula Junior
    Owner

Jul 28, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike M.
    Great to hear feedback on this car. It came up in my search and I thought the price was low for the spec. Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you but glad to be reassured on the gut feeling! ;)

12. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Car might have been bought at auction by the seller if only one key. Could be a repo. Just get a thorough history on the car. If all checks out it’s a very reasonable price.

13. FloridaToAtlanta

May 30, 2018
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I’m in atlanta as well and bought my 430 from FofATL. I was eyeing this car but then did a quick search of the company selling it on google maps to see where they were located. The huge amount of negative reviews told me all I needed to know about why this car was priced where it was. Nearly every bad review (and there were a ton) talked about clean carfax and cars breaking down 2 days after being purchased from this car dealer.

14. abiazis

abiazis Rookie

Jun 3, 2005
    atlanta
    Full Name:
    Andrew Dennis Biazis
    Why the Turbo S? and what are the pros and cons, if any, so far for the car? Used as daily or part time? Thanks for your opinion in advance......

15. Sal polletta

Sal polletta Rookie

Jul 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sal polletta
    Great car

16. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Prior to buying a ‘13 White on Black, I saw one quite similar to the above one in Orlando, same mileage, one owner. If I wanted red on tan I would have jumped on it. Dealer (not Ferrari) was willing to go just a tad below 210, that was it. But gorgeous car.

17. jac

jac Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    jack cohen
    Sorry to hear you missed on that 458 but it sounds like you made the correct decision. Best of luck on the hunt. I am now in the agony of waiting for the snow to melt and the roads to clear of salt. My car should be coming end of next week or soon after.

18. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    Pretty sick deal at 202k! Congratulations! I paid $220k for my 2016 FF just last year. Trying to find a nice 458 Spider Specimen to add to the stable. 488's just have too much depreciation left in them.

The other option is the LP4-610 ... ;)

jac likes this.
  19. benny11_85308

benny11_85308 Karting

Dec 12, 2016
    I bought a 2013 spider with 2500 miles, with a 85k option list for 223k, asking was 245k Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

20. jac

jac Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    jack cohen
    Thanks jay. I too am worried about depreciation as I sold a 2001 diablo to make space for the ferrari. That being said I just fell for the 458 and don't really care where the price ends up. I know I sold an appreciating asset for a depreciating one but I barely drove the diablo and plan on driving the heck out of the 458. Plus i still have a gated manual Gallardo spyder. I will survive:)

21. jac

jac Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    jack cohen
  22. spieler

spieler Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2012
    miami florida
    My last turbo porsche was a 930 ( so long time ago). It is going to be one of my 2 dd , more convenient than a 458.
    And by the way i was not that wrong saying this price was a steal ( if the car had no story) as all the one i checked( with msrp over 330k) were way over 200k.