buying a car across the US | FerrariChat

buying a car across the US

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by BoxerCrazy, Jun 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BoxerCrazy

BoxerCrazy Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2002
    Charleston WV
    Full Name:
    Douglas A Hunt
    Hello and good morning, long time member but unfortunately no Ferrari for me.....

however I recently decided to purchase a car I have always wanted and it will probably have to be bought /shipped to me from another state a 1000/2000 miles from me and I am wondering about how is the best ie: safest way to do this transaction? Any info would be appreciated, and I have read many horror stories on shipping and it seems the Innercity Lines has a great reputation, I have already got a quote from them on three different cars I am considering, any other shippers I should try and get quotes from, and again thanks for the advice

doug hunt

2. centerfireman

centerfireman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2015
    Roseville, CA
    I would highly recommend Intercity. I have had a Lotus shipped from PA to CA and a Ferrari shipped from Chicago to CA. Intercity was extremely professional, prompt and both cars were meticulously cared for.

3. BoxerCrazy

Nov 7, 2002
    Charleston WV
    Full Name:
    Douglas A Hunt
    thanks, that's exactly what I have been reading, I know I typed Innercity but I meant Intercity lol. too much coffee this morning

4. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    Innercity Lines always ends up with cars being graffiti'd, and that's if you're lucky. Some of them end up torched!

;)

5. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    Try Reliable.

Joe

6. BoxerCrazy

Nov 7, 2002
    Charleston WV
    Full Name:
    Douglas A Hunt
    is that Reliable Carriers or Reliable transportation solutions or?

thanks

doug