Buying a H2, What Color? | FerrariChat

Buying a H2, What Color?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by dream cars, Mar 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    Im buying a H2 for my company, we rent exotics in Orlando,FL. Im torn between the colors.

Yellow-Flashy, Bright, the right color for my company to get noticed from the street, but Im thinking some will turn it down because its yellow. they do our yellow Porsche.

Puwter(SP?)-Elegant, will blend in with any event, generic, hides scratches, but nothing special

Sunset Orange - Different, flashy but not as much as yellow, will show scratches, when taking a reservation some may be reluctant when they are told Orange.

Black & White is out of the question

Red looks bad

Green-no

What do you think if you where renting it from us what would turn you off or what would you like?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I think the popular color for rent would be yellow. It's the color they marketed (that people see it on TV as), and when people rent a Hummer they want the flash --not fuel economy or conservative looks!

3. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    My dad just bought a black one and it looks AWESOME, especially at night with all the running lights on top. That or yellow.

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    My wife bought a 2004 H2 in red and loves the color. We see very few other red ones in our area. But, since you think the red looks bad, I would suggest you go with the pewter or orange.

5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

If you don't want the yellow I'd go for the pewter.

6. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    That burnt orange looks good too. Seems to be a good mixture between flashy and graceful.

7. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    If I were going to rent one I would go for the yellow.

8. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    Just wondering why black is out of the question?

9. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Black is a good looking color on the H2.

10. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Id go for the invisible if I could, I dont really like the looks that much, but if I was going to get one I think Id go for black with alot of chrome trim. I think that looks the best.

11. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    Black is just to hard to keep up, being a rental it would look like crap in a year.

Im leaning to the yellow no that I just came from the dealer to see the colors in person.

12. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    People would probably rent a car like that because they want to show off or something. Hm that is probably an ignorant statement, but I am too lazy to hit backspace.

I say go for yellow. Great color!

13. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #13 Chiaro_Slag, Mar 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
  15. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    Yellow or Sunset.

Why do your customers not like the yellow Porsche?

Is is not a Cayenne, is it?

That is the Porsche that I can think of that does not look good in yellow.

16. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I did not think the Cayenne even came in yellow.

Hmm yellow is the way to go on any 911 IMO

17. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    From the factory they do not, but people paint them yellow.

18. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

oh LOL, yeah. SPeaking of, saw a pink Lambo yesterday on the 405!

19. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I work at a hummer dealership and for 2004 you couldn't and can't buy a sunset orange metalic(sp) H2. They stopped production of the color. BTW my moms is orange and it is like a rust color very sharp but doesn't hide scratches that well at all. Also, being around Hummers pretty much every day my favorite color right now would have to be the green. It is just so uncommon that it looks cool. We only order about 2 green ones a year. But, if I were you I would also opt for the new H2 upgraded dealer installed black leather interior it is better quality and more unique than the standard wheat color. IMHO.
    Erik

20. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I just found out tonight my uncle traded in his 3500 Duramax and bought a yellow H2 last Friday... and he came by and let me drive it for an hour or so. Some thoughts:

- It is a HIGH driving position! I've driven some minivans and pickups, but this was really awkward for the first few miles. The angles on the inside of the cockpit enhance the feeling of looking down on the road. You feel like you own it. Was a little nervous getting used to my left tires being 6ft to my side, but got used to being in just one lane after a few miles (we were on rural roads :).

- I was surprised at how light the steering was. For such a huge machine, it was easy to steer... very Cadillac-like feel and ride I thought (maybe a little on the light side). It had the air suspension option package, which gave a nice cushy ride. Seats very comfortable.

- Love the tank-inspired shifter. Stereo was solid too (comes with a sub). The bars over the front grille are nice and hefty too (like Carreaper's battering ram setup!).

- With the huge spare in the back, not a lot of space for stuff, really. But you can remove it and the 7th seat (a rear-facing jumpseat) and have plenty of room.

- Yellow is the color for it. When you're in it and around it, you want the yellow "flash" factor. You're not in something like this to be a wallflower.

- Problem: when you're in it, you're very likely to have an ego trip. Especially with a loud rap/R&B CD playing (who knows where my uncle got it- the dealership??). I was possessed by the uber-testosterone-titan spirit of the machine and felt like yelling down to passersby: "WHO *OWNS* THIS ROAD!? WHO'S YO DADDY!!?" You almost feel like a vehicular bully, peering down on all the 'nerdy' economy cars as you drive down the junior high hallway.

Conclusion: I like it. Although if I bought one, I might be a real jerk ;-)! I think it will rent very well, BTW. In yellow.

21. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    Teenferrarifan-my local dealer has about 10 sunsets in stock.

After all this input, I think im going with YELLOW

22. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Good CHoice :D

23. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Dream if your dealer has any sunset orange metallic otherwise known as Rust H2's in stock they have all been sitting on the lot a while. If you don't believe me go to www.hummer.com and build your own H2. Sunset orange can no longer be order. We haven't had an organge one in almost 6 months and we are pushing almost 18 a month. Congrats on your purchase did you get a lux or adventure package?
    Erik

24. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    How about **** brown? After all, it's a sh!tty car, driven by sh!tty owners.

Sorry to offend anyone, but you got bit by the "fad bug" and never looked back. I laugh anytime I see some tool driving one of those idiotic vehicles. I guess if you really, REALLY want to get noticed, and really, REALLY want to make people think you are important and wealthy, an H2 is truly the way the go (sarcastic!).

Have fun!

25. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Black is the only way to go on that car or any car with ugly body panels that do not match the cars color.

When will this grey plastic look on cars (including the Murci) go AWAY?

I hate it. Blah.