Bye bye Perez! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Bye bye Perez!

Discussion in 'F1' started by A348W, Sep 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. piolaxo

piolaxo Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2012
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Salvador
    The key thing for starters is if the Pink Merc will suit his driving style. At Red Bull, he was at ease and he flourished; at Ferrari, maybe not so much. If the car suits him and he gets confidence in it to push, he could rejuvenate and do much better than what he's doing right now. He just doesn't have the confidence in the SF1000 and he has had less input as the year went on, so even worse.

Now, there is no testing until February, so he'll have to find for real if the RP suits him until then. The simulator may give him a hint, but until he drives it in Barcelona, he won't be sure. The car is faster than the Ferrari, so that should help him to feel better. We'll see, but if Stroll is faster, uffffff, that will be ugly.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Added the emphasis for all those who constantly compare Perez to Lance.

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ah don't get me started. Wouldn't that be fun! All the comparisons and conclusions we could draw from that. I'm already salivating. :p

4. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Now that is some fun drama in addition to the Bottas/GR. You are laying down the gossip today.

JStone414 and Bas like this.
  5. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #130 freshmeat, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    For me Ricciardo made Seb's coffin, Leclerc put the final nail in that coffin and Stroller will bury the coffin 1,000ft under and earn me the eternal privilege to troll anyone on fchat who would even think of saying anything remotely positive about Seb...

I'm grateful he chose not to save himself further embarrassment.

tifosi12 likes this.
  6. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004

The case is being laid out before the Court or Popular opinion for any Thai owners to see......

7. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Even if he doesn't outperform him, if he gets close then he can argue he's still keeping a 4x WDC honest. I don't think there's a downside for Stroll to having Vettel at the team.

Being beaten by a non-WDC looks bad for career progression.

All the best,
    Andrew.

375+ likes this.
  8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well first off let me state I was a huge Vettel fan during his years at "Minardi" and later at RedBull. Loved him while he was still despised on here. I do think he has incredible talent, especially in regards to being fast. He was never good in car to car battles but with a strong car, he could be on pole and win a race from there . Which earned him 4 titles. A bit like Damon Hill in that regard. Of course it also takes a super talent to win in a Minardi in the rain of Monza. So I was completely sold.
    Then came the year against Ricci and I thought Seb just lacked motivation. But after some time at Ferrari the bright star started to dim and in the last year it became obvious that he is lacking major league in any department. This year was just brutal. Leclerc is a super talent but the way he dismantled Seb this year is nothing short of tragic.

So I do think he was great but those days lay in the past. He should have retired a couple years ago. Next year will not get any better. The car will still not suit him and Lance will have a realistic chance against him.

Sig. Roma, DF1 and 375+ like this.
  9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    In a way Perez can't win: He lost his current seat against the owner of the team and he might not get the RB seat against the sponsor of that team.

As Nuvolari said, $ (=connections) is a form of talent or prerequisite.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes and no. There have been many cases where an over-the-hill WDC got schooled badly. Schumacher vs Nico comes to mind. Alan Jones and Nigel Mansell tried silly short lived comebacks. Hakkinen had a sad last year and Villeneuve looked bad in his last stints. I remember when Lauda was trying to show-off his drivers and climbed into the car during a testing session and made a fool out of himself. Beating a past-due date WDC isn't such a miracle.

That said, if Lance will beat Seb next year, rest assured I won't stop yapping about it. :)

Ney and NeuroBeaker like this.
  11. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Time spares no man. The best in the world do not stay the best forever......

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  13. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Bas likes this.
  14. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Listening to the posts in this NG section would indicate that Senna's day will never pass............

15. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Rename the thread ..Bye Bye Albon?

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  17. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Perez did not exactly look super excited to repeat that win next season on that podium... More like "end of the road, just when I clinched that win I have to find something else to do..." in my view :). I would seriously hope he has a good 2022 alternative & does not settle for 1 season in the RB-cesspit.

18. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Almost fell for it

Flavio_C and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Right, that's why no F1 news media reports about it. Sure.

Checko is checking out.

20. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    I see Checo as an excellent candidate to win Indy. Fast veteran with soft paws, great mpg management skills plus he’ll have a solid amount of fan support, especially after this fantastic F1 win. With a good ride he’d be in immediate contention.

Igor Ound and tifosi12 like this.
  21. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Michael Schmidt (AMuS) when asked if Checo's win could change something now at RB: "I am still not so sure. I think there is a lot of emotions involved. Of course Albon has the backing from Thailand, we can also hear that Dietrich Mateschitz is actually on his [Albon] side."

Schmidt: "I believe they also want to show that they give their drivers also a little more time now."

22. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Abu Dhabi 2020 Race

Rumors going around the paddock that Perez is joining RedBull in 2021 is closer than ever.

jpalmito and tifosi12 like this.
  23. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I’ll believe it when the headlines print! I’m rooting for him, if not, we’ll see him back in 2022, hopefully in a fast car.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Verstappen/Perez would be a good pairing.

25. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    And the end of the road for Perez.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.