C&C 3/2/13 | FerrariChat

C&C 3/2/13

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Ingenere, Feb 27, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    February flew by, and it is that time again.....

Cars and Coffee at Gainey!!

This month the featured marque is Ferrari! We are hoping for some very interesting examples. You'll have to come out to see what shows up this month.

Start time is 8.... but that has been pretty pointless, as it's packed by 7:00. So come when you can. You know the deal. If you want a spot, get there early, and don't forget to stop by the fountain and say hi to the 'usual suspects'

PS. Its much appreciated by the store owners and the police that the heavy right feet have been a much lighter. The only problem last month was with advertising. Pit Stop insisted on parking their van in the middle of the event and when they were asked to move by a store owner's representative, he said no and got belligerent, forcing the store owner to make arrangements with the police for next month. Just remember, we are guests at this venue and we need to follow the simple rules.

2. gonzo di dottore

Jul 24, 2012
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Bob PopYourLights
    #2 gonzo di dottore, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Pit_Stop

Pit_Stop Arizona

Dec 31, 2008
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    The only problem last month was with advertising. Pit Stop insisted on parking their van in the middle of the event and when they were asked to move by a store owner's representative, he said no and got belligerent, forcing the store owner to make arrangements with the police for next month. Just remember, we are guests at this venue and we need to follow the simple rules.[/QUOTE]

Dino,

I'm not so sure you were informed correctly as referenced above. I remain a true professional individual operating a respected business that many people enjoy whom are regulars at Cars and Coffee. I understand that I don't win every person. I don't expect to. If you were informed that I was belligerent then I was not that person nor was it representation from my company. My wish is that if you would like to understand why I attend Cars and Coffee with a company vehicle then I welcome you to approach me or call me on my cell phone (253.312.6710) and not display on a public forum. I work hard to have a great reputation as it speaks for itself. I support the car community, as I am an enthusiast myself, naturally it's why I am in the business. As you state above, we are invited guests. One of my weekly customers is a tenant (Village Wine Cellar) and the owner of the management/leasing company of the property is a customer of mine. I am an invited guest just as you are no matter the vehicle. Lets support each other and not cause conflict. I am more than happy to donate some of my proceeds from my business to benefit something you are involved with at the Windgate Ranch Festival of Speed as posted in another thread. I will look forward to seeing you at Cars & Coffee this Saturday.

Sincerely,

Marcus C. Morton
    Pit Stop Auto Detailing & Storage
    15015 N. 74th St.
    Suite 115
    Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Pit Stop Vision
    www.facebook.com/professionalautodetailing

* Awarded "Best of Scottsdale" 2011 & 2012
    * Dupont Registry's "Elite Detailer's Alliance"
    * 5 star service on YELP
    * BBB Accredited business A+ rating

4. LamboRider

LamboRider Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2011
    More drama by Dino

Richard Mattei in his boxer

5. gonzo di dottore

Jul 24, 2012
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Bob PopYourLights
    A very gracious and accomodating fellow

6. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #6 Ingenere, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
    Dino,

I'm not so sure you were informed correctly as referenced above. I remain a true professional individual operating a respected business that many people enjoy whom are regulars at Cars and Coffee. I understand that I don't win every person. I don't expect to. If you were informed that I was belligerent then I was not that person nor was it representation from my company. My wish is that if you would like to understand why I attend Cars and Coffee with a company vehicle then I welcome you to approach me or call me on my cell phone (253.312.6710) and not display on a public forum. I work hard to have a great reputation as it speaks for itself. I support the car community, as I am an enthusiast myself, naturally it's why I am in the business. As you state above, we are invited guests. One of my weekly customers is a tenant (Village Wine Cellar) and the owner of the management/leasing company of the property is a customer of mine. I am an invited guest just as you are no matter the vehicle. Lets support each other and not cause conflict. I am more than happy to donate some of my proceeds from my business to benefit something you are involved with at the Windgate Ranch Festival of Speed as posted in another thread. I will look forward to seeing you at Cars & Coffee this Saturday.

[/QUOTE]

Marcus: The rules are the rules. I know one store owner that had a talk with you.

Look, what started out with a few guys getting together for coffee, has turned into one of the premier events of its kind in the country. With that growth comes fun, AND challenges. The people who host us have requested no advertising, and everyone (almost) has cooperated. All we ask is that you respect the rules and do what everyone else has. That is the most fair way possible.

Feel free to stop by the fountain. One of us would be happy to speak with you.

I had decided that a person with no profile, no car and no name, only a big mouth, was not worthy of a response of your accusation of stealing an email list (seriously). However, here's the deal:

Scuderia SW or myself did not hijack an email list. As a group, we know just about everyone of any consequence in the car community (which is probably why you may not be on the list), and are more than capable of gathering a list of enthusiasts who want to be informed about what is going on. We have a list of over 900 people and growing, and just a small fraction has anything to do with the FCA.

If you want to talk about drama... Drama is when an exotic car owner commits insurance fraud. Now, THAT'S drama. Not that anyone would ever do anything like that.

Are you ready to tell everyone who you are, and what great car you own? Or, are you more than happy to stay tucked away in the closet?

7. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
  8. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    #8 agup48, Mar 1, 2013
  9. Pit_Stop

Pit_Stop Arizona

Dec 31, 2008
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Marcus: The rules are the rules. I know one store owner that had a talk with you.

Look, what started out with a few guys getting together for coffee, has turned into one of the premier events of its kind in the country. With that growth comes fun, AND challenges. The people who host us have requested no advertising, and everyone (almost) has cooperated. All we ask is that you respect the rules and do what everyone else has. That is the most fair way possible.

Feel free to stop by the fountain. One of us would be happy to speak with you.

Dino,

Thanks for the invite at the fountain, it's like the principals office back in the day:) I think we have this solved. My customer, who is in charge of this property, reached out to me this afternoon regarding this. I now have a clear understanding of the direction this show is going and advertising is not something that can be apart of it in any way. Instead of it being an informal gathering it now has some formality to it as it has become that big show it is. Works for me. Great people! Great cars! Great fun! Isn't that what its all about anyway!?!
    See you tomorrow.

Marcus C. Morton
    Pit Stop Auto Detailing & Storage
    15015 N. 74th St.
    Suite 115
    Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Pit Stop Vision
    www.facebook.com/professionalautodetailing

* Awarded "Best of Scottsdale" 2011 & 2012
    * Dupont Registry's "Elite Detailer's Alliance"
    * 5 star service on YELP
    * BBB Accredited business A+ rating

10. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    #10 agup48, Mar 1, 2013
  11. Kyoso_Joey

Kyoso_Joey Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Joey
    Agup! You're so naughty.

12. AZ-Giallo

AZ-Giallo Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    David
    If you can round up the models, I'm ready for a photo shoot!!!!

13. AZ-Giallo

AZ-Giallo Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    David
    And I bet I could get Ethan to bring his too and line them up!!!

14. dozzina

dozzina F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2005
    In a vortex
    Full Name:
    Dave
  15. dozzina

dozzina F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2005
    In a vortex
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #20 dozzina, Mar 2, 2013
  16. dozzina

dozzina F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2005
    In a vortex
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #21 dozzina, Mar 2, 2013
  17. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    #22 agup48, Mar 2, 2013
  18. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Is it bad that out of all these cars the Renault Clio V6 stands out to me?

19. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    As I told Gonzo, that was my favorite oddball for this month.

20. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    The Clio Sport was cool. I wonder how they got that into the US