C&C near Delaware? | FerrariChat

C&C near Delaware?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Crazy4Carz, Jan 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crazy4Carz

Crazy4Carz Karting

Jan 10, 2011
    Pike Creek, DE
    Full Name:
    Steve Gray
    Is there still a Cars and Coffee anywhere near Delaware? I used to go to the West Chester Cars and Coffee does that still exist?

2. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    It still exists, its just downsized significantly. There is another C&C in Edgemont Pennsylvania too, at the Starbucks shopping center on Route 3

3. Springcreekpete

Sep 25, 2013
    The one in Edgemont has moved to Malvern at the Wegmans. It started out as the one in West Chester, which, as I understand, is clinging to life with a rag-tag band of stalwart cop dodgers. What a soap opera the C&C scene has become.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    If Rag Tag can also
    Mean the original crew who started
    C and C in WestChester I happily accept that title

Pearlcoupeg35 and actwon like this.
  5. The_Pagani_Kid

The_Pagani_Kid Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2011
    MD
    Full Name:
    Eli
    Yes because a core group of incredible people who built that C&C up to what it became where we had some amazing cars and people showing on on a weekly basis are definitely rag tag. The only reason the other C&Cs branched off is due to some stores thinking we were “hurting their business” at 9am and having the landlord take action which has since be resolved.

6. Springcreekpete

Sep 25, 2013
    Agreed - the WC C&C grew to an outstanding event - one of the best around. I was there frequently. Hard to believe that the store owners could see it as anything but positive. Glad to hear the situation has been resolved - what did the landlord agree to?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. The_Pagani_Kid

The_Pagani_Kid Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2011
    MD
    Full Name:
    Eli
    He backed off our case. The Starbucks will be closing in the near future so the WC C&C I’ve frequented for close to 7 years will cease to exist. It’s rather sad if I’m honest

8. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    I prefer "motley" :)

actwon and Springcreekpete like this.
  9. Springcreekpete

Sep 25, 2013
    By “rag-tag”, I meant a band of heroic underdogs persevering in the face of long odds and unjust circumstances.

Jaguar36 and turbos7903 like this.
  10. actwon

actwon Rookie

Apr 29, 2010
    Chester County, PA
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I remember when there were only 8 of us. LOL

CCns23 and turbos7903 like this.
  11. ztarum

ztarum Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    South Jersey, USA
    Would love to see something reborn nearby to original location when the salt clears. I'm in NJ, but can't yet bring myself to joining the C&C up in Mt. laurel as I've gone to West Chester ever since I got the car.

12. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    We're still meeting in the original location every Saturday, even in winter. This time of year in our daily drivers, but our core group is still there.

13. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

what is this thing you guys call cars and coffee....and who are these rag taggers??

CCns23 likes this.
  14. AlanRS

AlanRS Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    DE
    Good to know people are still meeting on Saturday mornings at Dilworthtown for coffee, even if not for cars during the winter. Will try to make one soon but have been very busy and will be the same through March. Really waiting for the weather to warm up. Since December I've only had the Miata out once and the other fun cars are away for the winter.

Hope all you rag tag/motley/core/original/incredible people are doing well.

(I went to the Malvern/Wegman's C&C in November (I think). Although the turn out was good, there was something missing. West Chester magic I guess. What a shame.)

Pearlcoupeg35 likes this.
  15. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Where is the best C&C location to look at a 458? In my 360 days the West Chester location was awesome. Hopefully will be in the market for a 458 next spring would love see one up close again.