458 - C1301 Suspension error. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 C1301 Suspension error.

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by omulec, Dec 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dan Hearl

Dan Hearl Rookie

Jun 13, 2020
    OH
    Full Name:
    DH
    Purposefully didn't put the 458 on the tender last night. Today started it up and immediately got the suspension error. Drove to my first destination, shut the car off. A few minutes later started it and the error showed up again. Drove to my next destination and shut the car off. Few minutes later started it and no error that time. It comes and goes. Annoying for sure, particularly since the dealership had 2 attempts at a fix but unsuccessful.

2. reisskhan

reisskhan Karting

Aug 11, 2017
    Definitely seems very annyoying

Let us know how you get on

3. omulec

omulec Rookie

Nov 26, 2008
    Hey there. The Italia i take care of here doesn't have a lift suspension. It would be great to know Dan what was exactly the error stored in yours.

I think we found the issue on our car. It seems that there was a wiring damaged between the trunk and cabin and suspension sensor was getting +12V occasionally instead of 5V. It seems that soon will be fixed.

You can track my initial post and compare the errors you have.

4. reisskhan

reisskhan Karting

Aug 11, 2017
    omulec:

How did you get on with this?

Also do you know how to bypass the Electronic System as I’ve fitted some aftermarket coilovers and coming with an error

Have tried some resistors but they keep blowing maybe am using the wrong ohms?

5. omulec

omulec Rookie

Nov 26, 2008
    Reisskhan, the system looks quite simple, but I cannot judge about the suspension node ecu. Maybe (pure guess) the ecu is monitoring if the signal is variable as well and threw out the error code if it's constant.

Your problem is not with the level sensors but with the shock function. On sensors, I would explain how to deal with. On shocks itself - I really don't know how to emulate the behaviour of the shock. Did you check the error code BTW? Maybe tracking this I can find the solution.

6. reisskhan

reisskhan Karting

Aug 11, 2017
    This is the codes that are doling
    Up

Not much info there to be fair

Can you work something out?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Ruperto

Ruperto Rookie

Mar 28, 2012
    Manila
    Full Name:
    Ruperto
    Have you solved your issue? The problem you have is with the shock absorbers . If you dont want to go the OE route you can get aftermarket set with the cancellers (resistors)