C7 Z06, Gone in 2.95 Seconds! | Page 12 | FerrariChat

C7 Z06, Gone in 2.95 Seconds!

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by TexFerrari, Oct 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    When any of you go 195 or even 185 on track in an street based car let me know.
    Its purely academic, and all that induced drag from aero creates downforce which makes a car so much faster thought he corners, that a slightly slower pace above 150 is irrelevant.
    Unless youa re in an open road race like the silcer state classic, even then, its purpose built cars goign over 200. Maybe the texas mile is the palce.

The veyron has two modes, in regular its has more downforce, but cant go much over 200. In speed mode you isetr a special key the wings adjust removing downforce limiting darg so it can go 240 or whatever.

2. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    #277 kverges, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    An example of aero with lower top speed on track is this overlay of SR8 and MP4-12C. Not only is the SR8 faster in the turns, look how much deeper it can go into brake zones. Result: over 15 seconds faster lap time at CoTA.

And the Raddy does not overheat or fade brakes - I'd rather use it than the Z and the prices are pretty comparable. Obviously the SR8 is not streetable, and that's what you give up to go fast, lap after lap.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    great representation!

I didn't realize SpeedVentures was doing COTA now. I ran with them some in California, nice group.

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    That was very interesting to look at. Thank you for sharing.

The radical is a crazy car. I rode in an SR3 this weekend and the speed through the corners was amazing. It obviously lacked the high speed on the straight but we passed everybody on track in the 22min session. Just from riding in it, it felt like it was precise and planted. Definatley made me want one.

Funny thing related to this thread is I also rode in a C6 Corvette Z06. After messing up a corner, the driver mumbled "oh crap, brake fade." I don't think he had issues other than that one turn though.

5. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    regardless of the aero of the SR8 (which is obviously ok and it does have a proper wing and diffuser so it's definitely not bad) it's a very light car. which again makes it hard to say much about the aerodynamics against a heavier vehicle based on track times. Have a look at the outcome when Sabine & co raced a Caterham R260 and a Porsche GT2 around nurburgring for a demonstration of the advantages of low weight. The Caterham is a brick, aerodynamically, but it still kept up with the GT2 (eventually the GT2 would probably pull away thanks to its higher top speed but the story would be different on a shorter track).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D69pNk5MGYk