C8 CORVETTE | Page 37 | FerrariChat

C8 CORVETTE

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by BJK, Jan 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Red Mist Metallic? (see post #817/p.33) Aftermarket wheels, front splitter, rear diffuser and side skirts.

jm2 likes this.
  2. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Aftermarket wheels and body parts.
    Color? Not certain.

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #903 TheMayor, Nov 8, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    Long Beach Red.

Unfortunately this color is discontinued in 2021. There's a Red Mist but it reminds me more of the McLaren Volcano red. Its a tint-coat.

That is the Z51 package with some aftermarket stuff added.

of2worlds likes this.
  4. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Thanks everyone. That spec really gets my attention.

5. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Got my build date from the Museum people. Tuesday Nov 24th. Going to schedule my Museum delivery 2 weeks after the build date. Then driving her home to Dallas, through Memphis.

Can't wait.

6. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I did the same route --- in a snowstorm -- with my C7.

DIGMAN52 and of2worlds like this.
  7. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Highly recommend avoiding Memphis.

greg328 and DIGMAN52 like this.
  8. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Staying with a friend from college with a quick overnight. Can't get in that much trouble in that short time.

Mayor - how did you do the break in on the highway ? Just vary your speeds, and do a little more manual shifting than normal. Evidently it's more for the drivetrain than the motor. I'd rather not go the backroads to Memphis adding an hour to a long delivery day.

DRYHOLE likes this.
  9. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I did about 100 miles driving around town in Vegas before taking it to LA. In the LA trip I was going up and down the gears between 5th and 8th but keeping the RPM's under the 4500 limit. Most of the trip was between 50 and 80 MPH. I had about another 80 miles or so to do in traffic in LA. So in 3 days I got through the 500 mile mark.

DIGMAN52, of2worlds and thecarreaper like this.
  10. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    MARKETING:Future Classics: How can a 2020 Corvette be a classic already? ?

The answer is that there have been two interruptions of production in the long awaited 2020 Corvette so far, first a strike and when that was resolved, along came the pandemic.
    The result was that there is a shortfall of 2020 Corvettes, less than 15,000 made, and many anxious buyers were not able to get the exact model they wanted.
    Many had studied the offering for months trying to answer the question: "if I get this model (coupe or convertible) with such and such upholstery and these options, which combination will be worth more later?"
    Maybe they learned from the '05-'06 Ford GT where those few buyers who paid $13,000 extra for the Heritage " package (based on Gulf racing color scheme used in '67-'69) now have cars worth $100,000 more than their original list price.
    The only trouble is, unless you had a crystal ball, nobody knows which colors will be winners both in the short run and long run of 2020 Corvettes.
    One thing is for sure, 2020 models will be worth more than the base 2021 models because first year models are more collectible. Take the '63 split window Corvette coupe compared to the non-split window '64 coupe.
    A local Los Angeles area used Corvette dealer, "Corvette Mike" Vietro, sent out an announcement in mid-Nov. of a new Corvette (only ten miles on it) on his lot, a Zeus Bronze one with Natural interior that he describes "is pure class and elegance! " Top it off with the optional Pewter painted aluminum wheels "that complement the exterior perfectly." He wants $115,000. As far as I know that's roughly $50,000 more than it cost new. And I don't think you will get the full factory warranty. But Mike, who has sold thousands of collector Corvettes, is betting this is one of the most desirable color combinations. Sure you could order that same color combo for a 2021 but it won't 'be the same, then it's not a "first year" model. Then he has a 2020 black ZL1 (LT2 6.2L V8 DI HP ) for $114,900.
    I know, I know, you're thinking "He has a helluva lot of nerve jacking the price up so much" but as a theoretical entrepreneur (none of my business ventures would merit a story in Fortune) I applaud someone anticipating a scarcity coming up in a particular consumer good and zooming in on getting the items they predict will be most sought after.
    In fact if I was him I woulda dumped all my 2019 and before "classic" Corvettes and bought nothing but 2020 Corvettes but he still wants to keep the reputation for being be able to find those rarer big blocks from the Sixties.
    And to tell the truth, some guys won't mind paying the extra 50G premium over the official Chevrolet dealer price because maybe that's what they were going to buy but their own business got in the way-- that oil deal in Mexico or that housing project in Palm Desert kept them busy so they came late to the 2020 Corvette party. So they have to pay a premium--that's what you get for delaying your purchase until Chevy cut off the spigot of 2020 models
    In fact when the two problems back to back made it clear to GM that they couldn't meet their projected 2020 orders, according to Corvette Blogger website "If you have ordered a 2020 Corvette, and your event code is at 1100, GM will not be able to build it. Your 2020 order will need to be changed to a 2021 Corvette. Your dealer will be contacting you so they can resubmit it as a 2021. If you don’t know your Event Status, your dealer can tell you that or you can contact the Corvette Concierge.
    Ordering for the 2021 Corvette models opens on July 30th so if you are a 2020 Corvette buyer with an Event Code of 1100, I would be proactively contacting your dealer to set up a time to redo the order."

And so it is....even when identical cars are still being made (as 2021 models) an entrepreneur managed to scoop up a few made in the "magic" year 2020.
    Ya live and learn...

11. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #911 BJK, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    I feel like you're trying to sell me a bridge. :D

12. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    'Used' (7 miles, 10 miles) C8's
    https://corvettemike.com/c8-corvettes/

13. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I get my orange convertible next week and I plan on listing it at $149,900. We’ll see if anyone wants.

14. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    2020 Classic? maybe! (but keep mileage below 10 for top dollar ;) )

15. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I will! Lol I’d probably keep the car if I had gotten it earlier this year. But a convertible in December doesn’t do me much good. I’d rather have the cash.

16. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Love Zeus bronze!

Eric308gtsiqv, of2worlds and BJK like this.
  17. bigblock427

bigblock427 Rookie

Sep 26, 2015
    Edmond, OK
    Full Name:
    Brent

Thank you for your review and comparisons. This is the best and most extensive personal review on a C8 I have read.

I hope you enjoy your Vette for many years.

As a Vette owner for the last 24 years, I look forward to purchasing a C8 in two years.

TheMayor and of2worlds like this.
  18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    ZB seems to be a hard sell; only seen two C8's for sale in that color out of hundreds.
    Not as hard as the Accelerate Yellow C8 with a serial number in the 5,000 range still sitting unsold when new C8 deliveries are in the low 15,000 serial number range now!

19. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
  20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Seems the average asking price is about 20-25K over for coupes or convertibles. My guess is after negotiation its closer to 10K

https://www.toybarncars.com/all-inventory/index.htm?search=&make=Aston+Martin&make=Chevrolet&saveFacetState=true&lastFacetInteracted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-make-5

One idiot chose Zeus Bronze with a full red interior. Good luck selling that one!

21. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  22. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    anyone have pix of the “new” silver?

23. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Saw one the other day, but didn't take a photo. Sorry. :(
    Looks more 'vibrant' then the previous silver. Would like to see a side by side comparison.
    Did find this.....

24. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    To me not much difference. Not sure why they even bothered to change it. I understand changing Long Beach Red because its rather dark and can look brown without sunlight. But I don't see the point of changing the silver to this.

Then again, I don't see why they have Ceramic Gray and White when they are so close together.