C8 CORVETTE | Page 65 | FerrariChat

C8 CORVETTE

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by BJK, Jan 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ^ except they left 1/8-1/4” gap at front of spoiler where it mates to body. dirt trap.

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    jm2 likes this.
  3. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Got the new tire today.... $671. Ugh

They can't fix the glovebox because they need a part which is back-ordered. No guess when it will be available. Maybe Corvette is really becoming "a Ferrari". :)

Wikdstrate likes this.
  4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    VAF84, luvair and TheMayor like this.
  5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yah unfortunately Chevy doesn't have as many color choices as other exotic brands. What you're describing was exactly what my Maserati Spider was.

6. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Piper likes this.
  7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    jm2 and italiafan like this.
  8. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Looks like the old Spice Red from 2019.

9. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    A friend of mine has a 2020 Artic White HTC with that interior (Morello Red), it is beautiful.

italiafan likes this.
  10. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Well, one year with the C8 convertible! 4500 miles (but I did the first 500 in about 10 days) And I still like this car. I don't love it like I couldn't live without it -- but its a really good DD. Most likely I'll replace it with the Z06 version, whenever that is. Probably 18 months away.

Most surprising thing: The overall quality. Much better than the C7 which was much better than the C6. So Chevy really stepped up their game on the paint, the interior, and the features. Second I would say how well it works as a daily driver. Put groceries in it, park it anywhere, etc. The front lift is really fast so you can use it without waiting. Also I'm surprised at how many people ask about it and compliment it. More than any other car I've owned.

Reliability: Pretty good. My glove box won't open and the button is on backorder. My info screen was defective when it arrived but the dealer replaced it. Aside from the failed over-the-air update (that drained my battery overnight) it has not broken down or had a serious problem or warning light. But I view the software update problems as GM's fault, not the car. Chevy replaced 2 tire rims under a recall. So I got 2 new rims 3 months ago.

Best stuff: The top. Pricey at $7500 but it really makes this car fun to drive. I love the front lift and the DCT is really good. Also I love all the cameras which finally makes an "exotic" shape easy to park, reverse, and see blind spots normally you can't. The front camera has saved my spoiler several times already.

Good stuff: Its comfortable for a mid engine car. Easy to get in and out of. Easy to live with.

Not so good stuff: Gas mileage around town is pretty back but I don't think its "458 bad". With LA being $5/ gal filling it up is distressing. My dealer is a "meh" in customer service. Not horrible, but nothing special. Example: I have to supply my own ride to and from the dealer, no car wash when returned (often with bird poo!). There's a pretty bad blind spot looking right at a stoplight. The A pillar is thick and the rear view mirror is large. You have to get used to it.

Worst thing: The most obvious is the time the over the over -the-air update drained my battery. That sucked. And I've lost 2 rear tires from nails. This thing is a nail magnet.

Things I would improve: The exhaust sound. Its OK but not really blood curdling . The paddle shifters are bit too thick, have too much thrown, and don't "click". I would like something more positive and faster acting. The radio volume button, the parking brake and especially the phone charger are in very weird and difficult to get to places. I keep forgetting to take my phone out of the car and have to walk back to get it. They should find a better solution

Overall: This is probably the best car GM has built in the modern area. If you drive a normal car after this one as a DD you understand just how good this car is. Plenty of power, brakes, handling, drama and fun for the price of an average luxury SUV or pick up today.

bthibodeaux, italiafan, Piper and 8 others like this.
  11. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    White looks great on the C8.

12. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'd have deleted it altogether on my '21 if I could have without deleting Z51.

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Put a deposit down on a Z06 convertible today. :)

14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    If the Z06 keeps the DD compliance of the C8 with 100+ Hp increase and that sound it will be possibly the best car money can buy.

TheMayor and JV's89 like this.
  15. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    FWIW, the new spoiler uses the same mounting points as the Z51 spoiler...

Piper likes this.
  16. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Thanks! I was wondering that very thing. Thought it probably would. My son is already used to the idea of changing out the current one with carbon fiber. He likes CF. So that's probably what we'll end up doing but I'll have a good hard look at both spoilers and try to talk him into the smaller one. He loves the C8 so much that I think he's gonna make me keep the same one though.

17. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    ^^^^
    The "low profile" spoiler (comes with the Z51 front splitter) can be ordered on a Z51 car from the factory

18. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    the low profile wing apparently has a body gap that collects dust and grime which is hard to clean.

19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    We will know in a month. :)

20. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    I finally saw a black c8 yesterday and it was stunning. It was also the first car I've seen with the black trident wheels and they were nicer in person than in photos.

As much as I like Artic White, I'll be leaving my order alone and getting black. I'll probably pass on the wheel upgrade, but the trident are tempting. I'm not a huge fan of the standard wheels in black with the bare ring, but I'll explore aftermarket options.

TheMayor likes this.
  21. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    i was a passenger in a c8 1lt and noticed something odd. the door aluminum was brushed looking while the dash aluminum was polished. a mismatch.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
  23. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    That black thing on the side: Looks more like a propeller than a boomerang now! More is better?

jm2 likes this.
  24. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    jm2, your thoughts on the side Y?

25. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid