C8 Z06 | Page 27 | FerrariChat

C8 Z06

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by sainthoo, Jun 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Where u am in Florida c8s are ubiquitous, with curren demand and production they’re not going to be rare elsewhere for too long.

then it’s a shape many will be used to and a used c8 will be another few years old used Vette same as the others.
    The Zo6 will be super weeds by the gotta have it notionally faster zr1. With 10k z06 produces per year it too will deprecate
    There was a time when R8s and GTRs were the thuNg back ordered and at premiums
    within 10 years those old boomers who make up a significant potion of Vette buyers will be selling their c8s due to bei g to old to get in and out.

the younger generation will be buying g a superlative used exotic with masses of aftermarket support.

2. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    I guess my other point is how can Chevy sell this NA monster in Europe and be compliant yet Ferrari has to do v6 turbos? I mean they still make a NA v12 GT car, please shoehorn that v12 into a mid engine track car and sign me up. Maybe get real crazy as offer a manual!

3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I think its fleet requirements. Chevy offsets c8 with bolt, etc while ferrari had nothing but sports cars.

4. Carbuilder

Carbuilder Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2012
    Bolton, ON
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Hmmmmm….starts with this and goes downhill from there.

Darren Donovan and Hocakes like this.
  5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I agree. The guest made the review interesting. And how does a huge American car enthusiast and lover of Corvette genuinely not know that the Z07 is an option package? He asked that question seemingly actually not knowing the answer. They’ve had Z07 packages for years and years. He came across as a clueless outsider, like a Porsche fan reviewing a corvette for the first time. And if I did a shot every time he said “bespoke” I’d still be buzzed. :)

Thecadster likes this.
  6. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Just good "acting." IMHO, Jay knew the answer when asking (like in an infomercial) the question for the benefit on non-gearheads who might watch the video.

SAT4RE likes this.
  7. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    FYI- rumor is production on 2023 will start May 9th.
    If that is true- might see these things in customer hands in July?

Wikdstrate likes this.
  8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I like Jay so I’ll go along with this. :)

SAT4RE and VAF84 like this.
  9. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    Yes, I've heard this from multiple sources. If this is true then allocations should open in Jan/Feb with orders starting in March for May/June deliveries. Very exciting!

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I agree allocations should start to open in Jan or Feb.

I don't expect anything for me to happen until mid spring or maybe summer. I hope to get one in the fall but-- who knows. IMO production will be slow as they are so far behind on C8 orders. I don't think they want to lose them.

On the other hand, the Z06 must be much more profitable than the C8 per car delivered.

bthibodeaux and Wikdstrate like this.
  11. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    Jay Leno drives a new ZO6.

12. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    hmmm, looks familiar ...... Post #641 previous ;)

13. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    The big drama is the news from Rick Conti that his dealership which has always been MSRP told him and he put it out on video that they are going to take bids on getting a Z06 so everyone he had on his list is screwed as those who bid to pay over MSRP will get prioritized.
    Rick seems like a nice guy and this has really gone bad for him, he has since removed that part of the video due to soo many aggressive/angry comments.

14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    This is business. I think dealers should charge over MSRP, but be reasonable. $20k over max. Make money. Don't be greedy. Pigs get slaughtered.

15. bthibodeaux

bthibodeaux Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian Thibodeaux
    They are part of the Z07 package. If you go to the Z06 configurator on Chevrolet's website and click on the Z07 option you are forced to take CC brakes. However, yes they are available as a stand alone with the standard Z06.

16. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I got lucky with a very early C8 (late March 2020 delivery). All C8s sat in a lot for something like a month before a single car shipped as they went through some sort of quality control. This was for a brand new car, not a variant, so maybe doesn’t apply.
    I like your vision more than mine, but I would be surprised if anything ships before June?

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Pardon my French but this guy isn't the best spokesperson - ever.

18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Chevy hasn't announced the price yet. Its completely premature to be asking for "over MSRP" when we don't know what you get for your money.

Dumb move by the dealer.

MikeR397 likes this.
  19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    But realistically, we know. And they know.

20. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    yep
    Seems
    Like z07’is mandatory carbon brakes and slidey leather seats.
    The aero
    That comes with the z07 can be ordered sedately alacarte on the regular z06.

that leaves the question then as to whether the z07 springs are from a track/performance perspective a must have.
    Possibly when you order the aero on a regular zo6 you get the springs, but Chevy is silent on this so far.

I’m choosing to belive that Chevy will be offering a version for more hard core track people, in which case they know that iron rotors and cloth competition seats, even better if we see a version without electric motors on tue seats.

21. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    So I wonder if saying you can get bumped up the list is a play to get more people to buy. Right now people think if they call they will be told its 2 or 3 years out. So they don't call and go to another dealer who WILL take over MSRP to get bumped up.

22. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
  23. erikgj

erikgj Rookie

Nov 27, 2013
    Does the natural dipped interior reflect in the windshield on sunny days? I would like to do the same interior on my Z06.

24. erikgj

erikgj Rookie

Nov 27, 2013
    Aston Cosworth Valkyrie engine it does have 11k redline. Same BMEP at max TQ and HP as the LT6 Gemini.

25. erikgj

erikgj Rookie

Nov 27, 2013
    And the most American content in a car.