C8 Z06 | Page 28 | FerrariChat

C8 Z06

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by sainthoo, Jun 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    A little. It was noticeable at first but only briefly and now I'm used to it. Though I do get tan dashes often so I've probably always been used to it.

That said, currently planning on doing black and tan on the Z06. Mainly because we want orange and I think orange will look better with a black dash.

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I'm the same way. The first 15 minutes I was like "OMG". After that I didn't even think about it. It doesn't bother me at all now.

Do I wish they made the option of the top in black while the rest natural? Yes.

Would I order it again? Absolutely. The biggest advantage is how cool it is compared to black in sunlight. All you have to do is touch the black steering wheel when exposed to direct sunlight and see just how dramatic a difference it is.

3. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #678 BJK, Nov 12, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    Art138, Thecadster, WJHMH and 2 others like this.
  4. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    VAF84 likes this.
  5. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    This is not a gutted Z06 with a roll cage. GT3 race cars ain't cheap. $400-$600k (?) to start. :eek:

How about that 2-tone paint scheme tho? :cool: :cool: :cool: Love the ghost 'merican flag on door.
    Any photo shop wizards out there that could try different colors combo's? :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  7. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  8. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

There is an insane amount of demand for this type of vehicle. It frustrates me that the demand is not being met by either increasing the use of this motor (adding it to the stingray C8), or other manufacturers stepping up and producing cars like these. Off the top of my head, only Lamborghini offers this type of setup new right now.

boxerman likes this.
  9. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    I agree with you but would add that both the C8 and Z06 in my opinion are, or will be, underpriced at MSRP. So I expect less depreciation from MSRP then past generations of Corvette's as the C8 platform is simply a better bargain. An additional wildcard may be a shortened production run of Z06's due to changing mandates for ICE vehicles from either government or GM itself.

niklas likes this.
  10. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    VAF84 and TheMayor like this.
  11. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    So I agree with a few things. One thing he is saying is that a lot of dealers are taking hard deposits for cars they will never get, or get years down the road. I'm sure this is happening. And IMO, that's just a rip off to consumers who will eventually give up in anger that all they got was a meaningless "number".

What I disagree with is he's saying the his dealership is going to look at their allocations and then "possibly" ADJUST the price to those who want them early and those who don't mind waiting. I think that's where the trouble is and a deviation from what they have done in the past. It seems they have a FLUID plan which a lot of people who signed up for a car didn't think was fluid.

If there was a Televangelist version of a car salesman, it would be Rick Conti.

Flipping on this car is going to be insane and that includes many dealers who will be buying their own stock first before customer cars. That will also piss off a lot of customers who put down deposits.

VAF84 likes this.
  12. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    When Chevy made the C8 they hit a homerun

Now they have hit a Grandslam with the Z06 and I know a lot of people have no idea that its even coming yet. I bet a lot of people who never wanted a Corvette will want to order a Z06 but were not interested in the Stingray.

How GM balances the production of Stingray to Z06 is going to be interesting. If they delay Stingray orders they may lose those customers. On the other hand, I can see Stingray orders decreasing as more people "upgrade" their order to Z06

13. niklas

niklas Formula 3

Apr 25, 2008
    Chilliwack BC
    Full Name:
    N. Olafsson
    For someone wanting to get into a C8 it seems like a win win either way

14. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    For Chevy... A nice Problem to Have!

15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #691 TheMayor, Nov 14, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    Rumor has it $87K MSRP. So additional

Add $7.5 for convert
    Add $9 grand for 3LT
    Add $2K for lift
    Add $1K for special paint
    Add $1K for stripes

You don't need the Z51 package or Magnaride because its included in Z06.

Mine should run about $105.5 plus tax and license which would be the bargain of the century. I paid $89.5K for my 2020 C8 ending up at $97K w/ T&L

$15K more for that engine? Sign me up.

VAF84, JV's89 and Jonathan19 like this.
  16. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    I wonder how much the Z07 package and separate carbon fiber wheels will be?
    My guess is at least $10,000 for each option.

17. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Totally agree. He’s an old 71. And he’s completely mailing it it…

Face76 and italiafan like this.
  18. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I feel like price the dealers sell for should be driven by the secondary market. What if the Z06 trades for $100 over? Should the consumer pocket that money or the consumer? Of course, it’s a weird time right now, so that factors into all this. I mean Kia’s are selling for $10,000 over MSRP…

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  19. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Found out my Z06 number from Ciocca. It is 291 which might get me a 2023 car but at least an early 2024. Feel like I hit the lottery since they are selling them at MSRP.

Wikdstrate and TheMayor like this.
  20. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    What’s interesting they closed future waiting list bc of the huge demand.

Email from them today:

“As to your reservation number for the Z06, reservation numbers are being continuously distributed throughout the week. If you have not received your reservation number yet, it does not indicate your place before or after anyone else in line.

Out of respect for those waiting on their reservation numbers, if you have already received yours, please do not email us questions pertaining to our anticipated allocation - GM has not released any allocation information. Because of that, we will not provide you with an estimate of what model year you will receive, so please do not ask. Emails seeking information on allocation or production timing for reservations will not be answered.

If you are requesting a refund, it will be processed as quickly as possible and put in the mail.

You will not receive a new reservation number if customers ahead of you are removed from the list. That would be a never ending process of reassigning numbers. You will maintain your reservation number and it will simply be called earlier. This is the same way our Stingray list operates with great success.

We are aware that you are eager to find out where you stand. We received an unprecedented amount of requests, and thank you for your understanding as we work to attach deposits to licenses and emails so that we may properly distribute reservation numbers.

Due to the amount of deposits we have received, we are no longer accepting reservations at this time.

We greatly appreciate your patience.”

21. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Im just curious what you’re basing this information on. I’ve spoken to two medium sized dealers (the owners) and they both told me any dealer who thinks they’re getting more than 30 a year regardless of size is crazy. Not trying to be a downer just genuinely curious.

22. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm the 27th on the list at my dealer.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jo Sta7 and Wikdstrate like this.
  23. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    With supply issues there are no guarantees. I based the assumption of the number of C7 Z06 deliveries which exceeded 300 per year at this dealer.

24. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Ciocca is the largest dealer for C8s in the US so I guess they get more allocations. Here is a listing of the top 5 dealers for C8 sales last year (the number after the state are the number of C8s sold):

1 KERBECK/CIOCCA CHEVROLET ATLANTIC CITY NJ 866 MSRP (NO LONGER TAKING DEPOSITS)
    2 MAC MULKIN CHEVROLET CADILLAC NASHUA NH 778 (MSRP, OVER 1400 ON LIST)
    3 LES STANFORD CHEVROLET CADILLAC DEARBORN MI 321. MSRP
    4 CRISWELL CHEVROLET GAITHERSBURG MD 308 (MSRP, OVER 1000 ON LIST)
    5 BOMNIN CHEVROLET DADELAND MIAMI FL 296