C8 Z06 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

C8 Z06

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by sainthoo, Jun 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I liked my ZL1 Camaro but didn't gel with it like I hoped I would. I couldn't get the power down in a straight line and the car always felt quite heavy to me in the corners. Visibility stunk. I liked the look and the sound a lot. Lost $10k on it and had it for 3 years. Pretty good.

of2worlds, G. Pepper and BJK like this.
  2. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    ralfabco, G. Pepper and 95spiderman like this.
  3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    well that about ends my search for next sports car. 625 na hp at 9000 rpm? done. and i could care less if the rest of the car improves on the base c8 or not. i would take this over f8 any day if this motor is reality. amazing

MikeR397, sainthoo, italiafan and 2 others like this.
  4. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #79 ralfabco, Aug 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    Would be nice, if they dump this motor in a stripped Z-28 Camaro and equip it with a manual transmission.

If you take Burger King type requests please consider - no A.C., radio, video game dash, and other gadgets and toys.

No doubt it will need to have 10 less ponies, to protect the Vette.

Sounds good.

I am a bottom feeder - so I can sit and dream and hopefully wait.

k wright likes this.
  5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    F8 AND C8. :)

G. Pepper and 95spiderman like this.
  6. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Apples and oranges! Not d i r e c t competitors! Both great cars. But, one is a Ferrari $$$$ and the other $$ is not! (you save a lot of money if you don't care! :p )

7. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Am I the only one who noticed that F8= FATE? Last of the rear-mid V8's.

Texas Forever likes this.
  8. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    agreed. one has na motor and the other doesnt. end of comparison. z06 for me

9. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Ill second that motion.
    Having just driven a Maclaren 570 GT4 on track, in a turbo motor you miss the ability to mete out power with ultimate precison or blance the car with the throttle. Electronics can compensate for this, but its not the same thing. Not to mention the aural delight of winding out a NA motor.
    Lets hope the vette gains some steerign feel too, cause the steering imo is the single greatest tactile part of driving, followed by throttle precisoon.

The Maclren had fantastic steering.

sampelligrino and k wright like this.
  10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    If Chevy confirms this engine the 458 goes. This will be better than every single way.

11. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    agreed. but it will hurt 458 values too

MikeR397 likes this.
  12. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    and audi/lambo na v10 values too. no one expected a new na performance motor would ever be produced again

13. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Maybe, but it’s two years away still.

95spiderman likes this.
  14. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
  15. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I had a 570 and a 600LT, now have a C8. Nothing can compare to Lotus / McLaren in steering feedback/response. Had C8 on track - really good, not the same. I am in line for a Z06, no brainer for actual track use.

BJK and Jo Sta7 like this.
  16. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    #91 boxerman, Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    Im hearing that a Maclaren is something like 6k per day to run on track, which is insane.
    Lotus elise comes out around $500 including gas tires and pads, the exige v6 cup closer to $800 cause race gas and pads.

"for actual track use" as you infer, if one really wants to run on track one needs a car that will hold up or not need too many mods to do so, is reasonable on consumables(weight) and wont eat itself, plus be somewhat disposable easy to fix. Besides weight(tires and pads) a vette ticks the boxes and for the relative performance is unbeatable for a drive to the track car, I guess thats why were so excited about the z06. I know the vette team can do the job, Hope GM dont mess it up.

C6' 's and C7s had some durability issues with hard track use and its possible that a new motor as in the C8 z06 may have teething issues on track. As always with Gm products, first year buyers of a model can end up being be beta testers. (Yes 998 Gt3 buyers had issues with their cars first year too, and 997's had blown oil lines.)

The only other car in the same category/price range I can think of would be the cayma GT4, which for sure will be notionaly slower, may be more rewarding to drive, more durable and possibly have more sustainbable performance, plus it could be more fun on road. I say notionaly slower because fast as the vette may be, one has to have the brain calibration and skill to really extract that performance over multiple laps.

Still for me a cayman is not a consideration as I have other cars to tick that box already, whereas a true supercar that works on track and is not ruinous to run as in a potential z06 is top of list. Whereas the C8 is to me dissapointing asthticaly and performance wise as in being far more of a GT Im really excited about the possibilities of the z06. The C8 race car looks great and the C6 motor sounds inspired, lets see how th rest s baked out.

one thing we do hear consistently now, vette quality is vastly improved, so theres that box ticked. Its mid engined so the potential is there, the flat plane motor sounds very promising. So weight chassis dynamics and feedback?

k wright, sainthoo and 95spiderman like this.
  17. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Had a GT4 too- they are great. Only real complaint was the gear ratios- set up for EPA. C8 with Z51 is definitely faster. Z06 will be in a different stratosphere

boxerman and k wright like this.
  18. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i hear the gear ratios in gt4 with pdk will be much improved. plus there might be a gt4rs which would be real fight for z06. regardless, i would take a v8 9000 rpm over a s6 8000 rpm

sainthoo likes this.
  19. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  20. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    that car looks so much better than a stock c8. The way it’s flared out makes sense out of all the creases.

21. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  22. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    oh wow if this is legit with 600 na hp at 9000 rpm, i would take it over a pista, even if cost no object. just wow

k wright likes this.
  23. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’d rather see active aero vs a fixed wing. Fingers crossed!

Face76 likes this.
  24. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    That's a strange looking wing. Not that much surface area for downforce. o_O

25. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    active aero for the zr1/zora. i want the z06 to be more bare bones track car. like a gt3 with fixed aero and tt with active.

k wright, boxerman and G. Pepper like this.