C8 Z06 | Page 71 | FerrariChat

C8 Z06

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by sainthoo, Jun 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Sorry it was your Cohort Josta7
    I think of you two as one and the same as you both come from the same place when talking about vettes and usaly chime in for one another.

"FWIW I'm being offered over on my stingray convertible by my dealer all the time".

i take it then youre not claiming premiums exist for used C8s. Ive also shown you a link where there was no premium on a new one sold. And we have another auction to watch, which may or may not go for a premium. Im here to discus and learn from people who may know something, not argue. Youve asked me for my Bonafide's multiple times and Ive made the effort to write them out which seems to have passed muster with others who have experince.,

As said before, this is a discussion,there is no need to be so acerbic,
    Even the vette forums are far more open minded, and as you know(because I see you arguing there) are a trove of information from those who have run and developed these cars, plus order lists and production.

Not sure why this is such a raw nerve for you? But then vette discussions have always been a raw nerve for you going way back when you went nuts for me calling c6 and c7 interiors what they were.
    Chill out these are cars not out favored children.

Boomhauer likes this.
  2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Drag time ran z06 vert non z07 v artura. Z got it off the line but mac 10 mph extra at end quarter.

Extra 600 lbs definitely hurt z. Hard believe mac can get hybrid so light weight. But not sure if he weighed them or just quoting manufacturers on it.

3. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    This thread's starting to resemble something from the Aussie section. :p

4. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    #1754 jimmyb, Feb 22, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
    You win. But to suggest that you're here "to learn" is not correct. I have provided all sorts of information, as a long time, multiple Corvette owner, that you choose to ignore, or simply don't even read.
    I would like to see the post where I defended the C6 interior. I had 2 of them and am painfully aware how bad they were. As far as the C7 interior (I had one), I thought it was a nicely done interior.

5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    #1755 boxerman, Feb 23, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
    ok I’ll try to come
    across as less definitive and more open minded in future.
    Perhaps you can be less touchy too.

It is also possible that gm is unable or unwilling (due to cost) to produce the z06 in anywhere near the same numbers as the c7 zo6.

That will naturally Keep supply impossibly tight and then yes two years from now it will still be a 1-2 year wait.

I maintain that overall c8 production is so large that somewhere in the next 2-3 years there will not be long waits for other variants.

hard to know it all hinges on whether z06 production goes to near c7 levels
    or stays in the basement. Current production issues are imo not a barometer. Let’s see how it shakes out in 2023, theyre just ramping up..

There is more than a little speculation that gm woukd rather sell e-Rey’s as it’s easier to produce and more profitable.

All speculation at this point. But at full
    production two shifts, overall c8 demand will be met even if some variants are in
    Excess demand. Even then unless the s06 is a loss leader, gm is going
    To make as many as there are orders for the different variants. The gm model and the corvette model is a volume one and they’re not going to leave money on the table.

JV's89 and energy88 like this.
  6. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    energy88 likes this.
  7. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Location, location, location!

Once upon a time when I lived in Dallas where BMW things were going gangbuster, I went to New Orleans and got the car I wanted without a hassle. Eazy peazy way to make things happen!

VAF84 and boxerman like this.
  8. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I don't see a price for it. How much?

9. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Current bid $185 for a $146 MSRP.

95spiderman likes this.
  10. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Its a very nice spec one so I bet 225 takes it

11. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #1761 BJK, Feb 23, 2023
    "The buyer will be required to agree to retain the vehicle for a minimum of 6 months from the date of purchase or the warranty will be null and void for any subsequent owners."

So, never 'sold' or titled. Buyer will have full warranty. Okay for dealers to flip, but not customers. :rolleyes:

....... Buuut, this is an auction. The dealer did NOT mark anything up. He's not demanding $100k ADM. ;) (but I think he'll get that :eek: :p )

12. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    oh wait :oops: .... hmmm

Blasiuschevycadillac (The Seller)
    "To add some clarity to our listing, This offering is marketing of a brand new Z06 to the top bidder (when reserve is met). ....."

boxerman likes this.
  13. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Here is the interesting question. GM is building these cars for sale to customers, aka the public.. Dealers are intermediaries and Gm is supplying some intermediaries ahead of customers..The dealer is playing with the rules by stating customer cannot sell for 6 months to keep warranty So theyre really bidding up the premium, and or never got their 100k adm so are trying it here.

Games Gm should put a stop to..

VAF84 and energy88 like this.
  14. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    yes. ..... BUT (always a 'but' :rolleyes: ) ....... why should flippers get rich? Money left on the table by GM and dealers.

15. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    The cure is more production
    The same game used to be played at Ferrari. Then the factory put a stop to it. Today you can order a car and wait 6 months or a year and take delivery.

Before then ferrari with restricted supply gave birth to mclaren Audi R8 and the growth of lambo. Takes a while but eventually competition emerges to fill the gap.

It’s a balance to keep tension in the market but also not have it go destructively nuts or oversupply.

if Gm produces 5000+ zo6 s per year once they get going, then it won’t be an issue.

let’s see.

fords got a similar issue with the bronco raptor too. I guess the manufacturers are near Iearning not everybody wnats an eco blob car.
    There is a large gear head community out there. It’s clearly being underserved

Face76 likes this.
  16. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    #1766 jimmyb, Feb 23, 2023
    This is a GM thing (the 6 months), not the dealers.

17. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Yes 6 months is GM, and the dealer is walking right around it and the intent.
    Seems like Gm should be flowing cars to dealers who do sales at msrp and have actual provable customers to deliver to.
    GM could ask the dealer for customer lists and deliver on that basis
    But the real solution is plentiful supply, humans always look for a way around.

Face76 likes this.
  18. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Up to 200k now.

19. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
  20. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

C8 z06 GT3

Note the forgeline metal wheels in 18 inches and the ap brakes + iron rotors.. For serious track work thats the ticket.

21. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
  22. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    YouTuber 'DragTimes' rant on this auction ..... nothing new, but compares it to Ferrari, Ford and McLaren practices.

23. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I’m pretty sure Chevy is NOT ok with this auction. Now whether they have the juice to get the dealer to pull it down or not is another story altogether. Perhaps, like in the case of the BAT 296GTB auction that was pulled, this auction might not make it to the end either.

24. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    A hypothetical question on the 6-month holding period:

What if the owner dies shortly after purchasing the car and the vehicle becomes a part of their estate? Would the executor of the estate be prohibited from selling the car before 6-months to retain the factory warranty for subsequent owners and the higher price a car with warranty would bring for the estate? Might GM be liable to the estate for diminished value of the vehicle if GM insists on strict enforcement of the 6-month holding period?

25. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    If I was going to flip- buy the car in a single member LLC with no other assets. Sell the LLC, not the car.