C8 Z06 | Page 83 | FerrariChat

C8 Z06

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by sainthoo, Jun 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Very true. I've been looking all across the board. C6 427 and grand sport (manual), C7 stingrays and grand sport convertible (manual), and C8. Have not dropped in price. Good luck with a manual C7 Grand Sport convertible, not many out there.

I noted the C8 Z06 seemed massively big, which recently made the C8 stingray feel small, but you're right, the C8 still feels big. Another allure for P-cars and older vette's. I also agree that the C7 invokes Ferrari vibes (or vis-versa?); especially with aftermarket eyelids on the headlights.

Don't get me started on Mercedes EV's. Went by a dealer and was seriously appalled at what they market as the "new" S-Class (EV). I remember when seeing an S-class invoked awe. It had presence, IMO it seemed special as it glided past. It was aspirational. Now, it's just a bland egg. Maybe the interior is nice, but I couldn't pay a premium to look at that exterior. Too many other options that also have nice interiors.

boxerman and Edward 96GTS like this.
  2. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    yeah the mercedes looks like a wet s++t. The interior is all disco. Rolls on the oter hand made their new ev made a stylish car, with clockwork guages on the dash.

Thing is evs need low drag to help with range so were back to jelleybeans, except Rolls, and Dodge has shown 68 charger looks with the elctric charger concept, a production version of which remains to be seen. I will say the lucid looks great, in the same way old citroens looked great which youre either into or not, but its a stylish look..

The vette at some point theyll go for reducing mass, and maybe with the c9 theyll reduce mass and visual bulk. Theyve got the motor and chasiis/tub.

95spiderman and VAF84 like this.
  3. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    I've always heard that ("it's a chick car") but on the rare occasion that I actually see a Boxster/Cayman, it's always a man driving it.
    Frankly, doubling next to nothing is hardly an accomplishment. As far as "cachet", I'll promise you NO Cayman/Boxster gets vallet'd in front of a C8, no matter where you live.

Sorry, I had to...o_O
    sir it not a porsche it's a boxster - Google Search

4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I think Jeremy Clarkson summarized the Boxster best when he said, “The problem with the Boxster is it announces to the World something has gone wrong with your life, you love sports cars and Porsches, but couldn’t afford a 911.” (Paraphrased)
    :)

5. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Jesus man, that quote has done more to dissuade me from buying the Spyder over the C8 than any other qualms I’ve had! :D… Savage!

italiafan likes this.
  6. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Ah, Clarkson. Never has the car industry seen such a self important DB. And by all appearances, a singularly horrible human being. I can't believe the guy still has a job.

Midnight Oil and Texas Forever like this.
  7. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    I would take a 718 Spyder w/manual any day over the C8. I have always been a Vette guy and I just can't stand general look of the C8. Now that Spyder is sexy as hell.

Midnight Oil, VAF84 and Texas Forever like this.
  8. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Thats where the Gt4 and Gt4Rs are great. They're really good cars in their own right, arguably better than the now very big 911.
    The rest of the cayman line, well Clarkson called it the coxster. Its a car prche went hunting newer customers down the market a little. Its was always forced into beign what the brits call a hairdressers car. GT4 and 4rs changes that. If only they'd done it right from the beginning, but apparently "marketing" was protecting the 911. Thats the same marketing that abandoned the 911 in the late 70s and went for the 924 and 928 as the future. Every year or two back then they said the 911 would soon go out of production.

docf and VAF84 like this.
  9. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    yesterday in carmel ca.
    z07 package. cf. wheels

Attached Files:

10. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
  11. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

12. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Only about 150 miles- trying to withhold opinion, but growing a bit giddy. I like it already with the RPM restriction, and I’m being super reserved. It is going to be a long wait to get on track.

My son has declared he likes it better than the 600LT, which is high praise.

italiafan, Thecadster and boxerman like this.
  13. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Glad you are digging it!! Better than the 600LT is very high praise!!!

14. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Love the white - congrats

MDS

sainthoo likes this.
  15. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    using C8Tracker.com, looks like I have moved halfway to being offered a car.

JV's89 likes this.
  16. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Calling helps. Just placed a Z06/Z07 order as someone dropped out ahead of me and dealership was at risk of losing allocation. Fingers crossed. Order will be confirmed by GM Monday.

Wikdstrate, italiafan and VAF84 like this.
  17. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    My dealership told me GM's not taking orders for 2024 yet.

Is your allocation for a 23?

You win the award for best avatar, btw.:D

18. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Yes, 2023. 8 - 10 weeks for delivery. Thanks, fingers crossed. Really a fluke. I called two days ago to inquire and the Z07 customer dropped out this morning.

TheMayor, thecarreaper and JV's89 like this.
  19. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    msrp? :) or .............. :eek:

20. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
  21. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
  22. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Wow evo really liked it.

k wright, tfazio, VAF84 and 1 other person like this.
  23. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I’m up this week in Alberta. Saw a red z06 c8 pass the other way on the loop highway, so I guess they have arrived in Canada.

Robb

TheMayor and k wright like this.
  24. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    Got the call from my dealer last night! My allocation just hit and should be getting the car within 60 days.

Had to go with painted carbon bits on the ZO7 package instead of exposed carbon but I am OK with that.

Definitely excited about this car. :)

k wright likes this.
  25. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    I am a couple weeks ahead of you at 3000. Should get a production date in a few weeks. Hoping for mid-August. What color did you get?

k wright and Wikdstrate like this.