Cafe Manana | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cafe Manana

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Qksilver, Jan 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Always welcome. Keep an eye on this thread. The more the merrier. Bob

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Alex.

When you know the buyer well, and he's sending a significant deposit over the weekend then I consider it sold. :D

Dave

3. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

OK, so when can we all visit Algar on your behalf this time. Last time, I was the lovely recipient!

4. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Yes Dave...we need to watch you make the pickup and take the car straight out for a road rally!!! Jon

5. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Does anybody want to take advantage of tomorrow's weather? Perhaps a "Whip" Rally?

6. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oh, I get it...

What goes around comes around.

Undortunately for you guys, if the deal goes through this week, I'm not waiting until Saturday to pick it up. If everything goes perfectly I might close this by the end of the week. Not all the way sure as the seller hasn't taken my offer yet and my buyer will be funded for my deal Wednesday, I think.

Stay tuned, I'll keep you all in the loop. Still a good chance the seller won't take my offer you know.

DM

7. dmw_n_stuff

dmw_n_stuff Rookie

Sep 23, 2007
    KoP
    Full Name:
    Dan
    He'll take the offer, I'm sure, I'm so excited for this car! So you think the deal will be done by Wednesday or Thursday (or at least that's what I gathered)? That's pretty quick

8. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Joe, ya know, some of us have jobs to go to on Mondays! Don't make me feel worse about not having been in my car for the last ummpteen days.....

9. John Dowling

John Dowling Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Full Name:
    John Dowling
    Yeah, 3 months ago. And, to boot, car showed up with one headlight not working and both lenses fogged. Pretty surprising. They sent the bulb for the headlight, and upon going through the receipts the car had not been serviced since mid '06. I was surprised hearing generally good things about Algar, too.

10. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Dave, congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the modern world!! Gotta tell you though, that after buying 7 cars over the last 8 years from Algar, I'd sooner poke my own eyes out with a hot poker than deal with them again!! They have acted extremely unprofessionally and duplicitously. Too bad, since Mark Cedrone and most of the service guys are top notch. Be careful......be VERY, VERY careful. Hope to see the new beauty soon. Best, Les

11. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    got my popcorn out dave. Let's hear it.

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Ed, there is a huge difference between a post from a noob about M of B and Les telling me to be careful with Algar.

Les owns a dealership, has tons of experience buying cars, is a VERY successful businessman, and is a friend of mine. He's also a Ferrari owner, and a long time buyer of high end cars with an astounding track record for buying and selling in the marketplace. He's a highly credible source of information not just here, but in general for me.

I have been, and will always be, very careful in my dealings with ANY dealership. I appreciate Les's input and will investigate further based on his statement.

In this instance, I can speak with Les if necessary, and speak with the owner at Algar in an effort to find out what the problem was. I can get both sides of the story and fact find. I also have my own experiences with them over the last four plus years, along with dozens of other guys I know who have purchased there. My experience with Algar does not parallel Les's, but he's bought a ton more cars there than I have.

I don't anticipate any problems with this transaction, and would expect Algar to back up this sale with excellent service. If they don't you all will be the first to know.

Dave

13. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    good post

14. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    well aint you jus the fire starter....

15. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    i was genuinely complementing him on his thoughtful post. unlike his other rant.

16. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I just spent some time on the phone with Les.

Sounds to me like a misunderstanding between Les and the folks at Algar as to the intent of a deal. Just a not so simple misunderstanding that can not be easily resolved.

His problem with Algar is not one that I would ever expect to have with them, nor would I expect anyone that I know to experience a similar problem. We don't play at this level.

Les's concerns were genuine, and as a friend he gave me a heads up, which is appreciated. His issues are noted, but will not alter my relationship with Francis, Rick, Bob or any of the other folks at Algar, who still have my 100% trust.

Dave M.

17. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    He offered to buy them didn't he? ;-)

18. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Dave, I will throw a good word in for Algar too. Francis, Rick and Marc are terrific people and have always been nothing but 100% honest in all dealings I have had with them and that includes alot of business on the service AND sales end.

Joe

19. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    In dealing with any dealership, most will try to get you if you're a blind buyer.
    Algar would be very stupid to try and screw over Dave with the amount of business that Dave has given them. I'm sure Dave will be fine.

20. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Ok, it's a done deal.

Worked out a couple small issues on the 360 (price, pending service) and will hopefully have the car for the weekend.

Dino deposit showed up today, gonna work the rest of those details out tomorrow, maybe tonight if the buyer gives me a buzz.

So, barring bad weather, or a last minute deal breaker, car should be there Saturday for coffee at Starbucks.

Dave

21. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Let me be the first to say congratulations Dave. You picked a STUNNER.

Joe

22. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Congrats Dave,
    I can't wait to see it!
    Erik

23. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Nice, congrats Dave!

24. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

How'd the buffing go?

And thanks, I'm pretty pumped about it at this point, and can't wait to put a couple hundred miles on it and burn up the clutch. :D

Dave

25. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I didn't get ze materials yet... I'm a bit nervous after reading about the polish... might need to summon your expertise in the buffing department. If you want to detail your 360 after burning the clutch up, I've got an open garage bay calling your name!