Cali Alarm System | FerrariChat

Cali Alarm System

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Minze, Feb 6, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Minze

Minze Rookie

Jul 31, 2017
    Padova
    Today I got the Cali out of the garage again. The following problem that has never occurred before. After switching off the engine, the key is still in the alarm system after the door is open for 30 seconds. It couldn't be turned off even when the key was pressed, but only when the ignition was switched on. Same game later when refueling. Key in my pocket but the vehicle is not locked. I come back, open the door and the alarm goes off. Did not stop again until the ignition was switched on and I was shown the attempted attempt both times (as described in the operating instructions) ......

No flashing LEDs on the dashboard to indicate a theft alarm system fault.

Any ideas, or straight to the workshop?

The 200 km were great anyway ;-)

2. Andrew Pour

Andrew Pour Karting

Oct 7, 2019
    Strange. Try closing all doors and windows, lock the car, wait 5 seconds then unlock the car. See if the alarm keeps going off after doing this.

3. Minze

Minze Rookie

Jul 31, 2017
    Padova
    Hmmm seems to be better. I discovered that the batteries in the key were not functioning anymore. Changed them and check again tomorrow.

4. Minze

Minze Rookie

Jul 31, 2017
    Padova
    Well, the battery change didn't bring the results and I went to the shop. After some investigation the Body Computer was identified as being the cause for the trouble. Picking up the car this afternoon. Happy that it's resolved.