CALI DASH PAD REPLACEMENT | FerrariChat

CALI DASH PAD REPLACEMENT

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by doccharlie954, Dec 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. doccharlie954

doccharlie954 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2010
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I'd complain...T

3. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    HFS. Read this and dropped everything to go get my first coat of leatherique on my new-to-me '13. I've heard similar price tags on 599's, $6k and up. It's just hard to fathom why they keep delivering cars with the same deficiencies. Like the stickies, why keep doing it for decades? Why do they not care to tan and wrap leather properly?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    I had this done on my Maserati coupe 2002 by a reputable upholstery shop here is Houston TX.

Dealer quoting $4700 to fix (not to replace) by their upholstery expert.
    Local shop - perfect work, $370.00 and 2-year warranty.

Caveat: I had to remove dash pad and bring it to them. They would not remove/replace it for me for less than $1000

At the time, my Maser was 6 years old and Maserati-Ferrari of Houston was one and only dealer to service Maserati's and Ferraris.

5. doccharlie954

doccharlie954 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2010
    Mines under warranty.

6. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    I know the dealer may balk at repairing/replacing it again but how much would they knock off if you traded it in? how much will a person want knocked off the price because of it? I dont think its unreasonable for you to want it repaired properly and on the other side of the token i dont necessarily blame the dealer for not catching it but i think you should let em know sooner rather then later if you are going to have it repaired. what ever you decide good luck.

7. Dtreenjr

Dtreenjr Rookie

May 29, 2015
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    David C. Treen, Jr, MD
    My 2011 Cali has similar problem of the black leather melting away from the white foam padding underneath. Dealer wants $5000 for the part (currently only the instrument cluster cover, but airvent covers are shrinking as well), but its the same material so it would just happen again.
    I emailed Ferrari about this, and I am appalled that Ferrari continues to use inferior material and/or application techniques for their dash covers.