Cali for Cali T trade advice | FerrariChat

Cali for Cali T trade advice

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Nautilus1, Jan 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nautilus1

Nautilus1 Karting

Apr 24, 2011
    NYC
    I am very seriously thinking of trading my 2011 Cali for a similarly optioned '16 Cali T. My car has 19k miles but no longer has warranty etc and I was thinking that a newer car with 1K miles might be the way to go. My hesitation comes from I love the normally aspirated car, i have already eaten the depreciation, etc. What do I gain? A never car, better technology, a longer warranty with service included and no legacy issues. Colors are basically the same (Nero/Cuoio). The one thing about the trade I wish it had was more carbon fiber. It has Led wheel and Carbon bridge but not on the vents (so zero wear there) and no carbon shifters. What do you guys think? Is it worth it or not?

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    if the newer car has a few extra cookies you like, and financial constraints are not an issue, go for it assuming that you have done a test drive in a T. Newer, warranty peace of mind, less miles, etc. Life's too short. If you decide you love NA too much, maybe a late model Cali 30 with the HS package is the way to go?
    T

3. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Boy thats a hard one to judge. I would think that now would be a better time to make the trade then 3 months from now since the prices might inflate a bit at the beginning of driving season. But with these cars not moving so well I wonder about the amount they will offer on the 12 Cali. Both cars are very nice, generally we rent A Cali T on vacations since now thats all thats offered, but i prefer the naturally aspirated models. IM guessing you will be looking at around a 55-65k difference in the 2 models. If your ok with that then go ahead. One one hand is nice piece of mind with the factory maintenance and remaining factory warranty.

4. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Or what Tom said......

5. Nautilus1

Nautilus1 Karting

Apr 24, 2011
    NYC
    If the car had CF all over it would be a slam dunk but the prices of ones optioned that way have been more than i am willing to pay. The car i am looking at is low 180's...others are welling the 200's

6. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    The California T is a blast to drive. I love the modern engine. I’ve put over 13k on mine and I smile every time I drive it. Mine is loaded with carbon.

7. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    It obviously depends on the cost to change but might another option be just to keep buying extended warranty for a few thousand bucks a year and then add a thousand for the service ?

8. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    I think this is what I would do personally, but I prefer the naturally aspirated engine as well. This is not a slight on the Cali T in any way as both cars have visual cues I like and dislike.