Cali lift/Jack points | FerrariChat

Cali lift/Jack points

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Stercrazy, Aug 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stercrazy

Stercrazy Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    NC and FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Winchester
    I think I can identify the rear lift points, a rectangular metal depression ahead of the wheel wells (photo 1). The front lift points are not so easily identified. Are they small metal protrusions with a threaded hole behind the front wheels (photo 2)? If so, is the threaded hole there to attach a special jack pad? Must the belly pan be loosened to access the jack point?

Thanks for any help on this Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Stercrazy

Stercrazy Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    NC and FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Winchester
  3. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Here you go. I've jacked up my car many times, a few times in a big hurry.

FWIW, I use a hockey puck (I'm Canadian eh??) to interface my "racing jack" to the jack points because the rubber pad in the cup on my jack arm is way too thin for the cup to clear my car's underbody. My hockey puck provides a perfect fit on the round jack pad in the front (not the larger oval one) and also fits the single rear jack point perfectly.

Do not attempt to jack up your car at any other locations unless you are very experienced and can safely locate non-factory-specified jack points.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

whatheheck and Stercrazy like this.
  4. Stercrazy

Stercrazy Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    NC and FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Winchester
    Thank you sir. much appreciated. I use hockey pucks on my Porsche.

5. Alain Briot

Alain Briot Rookie

Nov 21, 2009
    #5 Alain Briot, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    I also need to lift my FerrariCalifornia. Based on the photo ibelow, is the jacking point the metal plate or the oval rubber thingy? Just want to be sure. Also, what is the socket size for the california wheel nuts ?

Attached Files: