Cali T Guidance | FerrariChat

Cali T Guidance

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Sumit Dalwadi, May 16, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sumit Dalwadi

Sumit Dalwadi Rookie

Jan 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sumit Dalwadi
    Hey future FChat Fam!

I’ve been browsing for some years now and looking to pull the trigger on a Cali T soon for my dad. He’s always wanted a Ferrari and I’d like to make that dream a reality. He’s worked hard his whole life and will never spend the money on himself.

Main question is color related. Is it really worth spending more on the Rosso Corsa instead of the Rosso Scuderia? From a resale/value POV.

Other than that, any recommendations on things to look for? I’m going between 2 available fairly close to me - 1 at a Lambo dealership and other at a Ferrari dealership. Can I generally trust their inspections since they’re authorized?

I’ve been looking up options available on the Cali T and found some input but nothing really specific. Only options list I was able to find was 2014 and in Italian. Any specific options you all recommend as “necessary” or good for resale?

Sorry if some of this is available by search but I’ve been using that function for years and really just wanted to start the convo with all of you experienced members.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. PhoneClip

PhoneClip Karting

Oct 19, 2021
    Please get a pre-purchase inspection (PPI) from a reputable and independent technician/mechanic, even if buying from a reputable dealer. For a small investment in time and money, it will save you a lot of headaches later.

Cigarzman and SAFE4NOW like this.
  3. KS_California

KS_California Karting

Jan 24, 2022
    Eastern KS - Just west of KC
    Full Name:
    Werner Bartels
    I bought a 2011 Cali - Rosso Corsa because I love the color. Not really sure what I paid as a premium for Rosso Corsa. The prices seemed to be more reflective of the year & miles. Good luck with your purchase. I did not get a PPI but did fly to the dealer to view/test drive the car. If you are car guy - you'll know if it has been cared for & overall condition. Test "everything" - especially the power top & transmission operation.

I drove it in January. The only thing I found later is that the air conditioning does not work.

4. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    I looked for 6 months to sort out the colors/options before I got mine 2 years ago. Color is a personal preference and I wouldn't pay a significant premium for any one shade over another. Must have options IMHO are: 20" diamond pattern wheels, Scuderia shields, Magneride and carbon fiber steering wheel with LEDs. Of slightly lesser importance: US visibility equipment(front and rear cameras w/sensors), full electric seats, horse stitched on headrest. I like carbon fiber, my car came with the steering wheel and paddles in CF, I added a bunch more which can be easily done in the aftermarket. Finally, see if you can find one with an existing factory power train warranty, best way to check if it is in force is by giving the last 6 digits of the VIN to your local dealer's service department.

5. Sumit Dalwadi

Sumit Dalwadi Rookie

Jan 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sumit Dalwadi
    Thank you all for your input and sorry for not responding. I think I’ve found one. It’s a 2016. Just a few questions before I finalize.

1) It’s a CPO and comes with a 2 year Power Warranty. I’ve seen some places online state that it’s only 1 year outside of Europe. Is this true?

2) Any recommended “add-ons” to ask for at closing since it is from a Ferrari dealership?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. mcw

mcw Karting

Aug 10, 2008
    Ask the Ferrari dealership to put the specific warranty type, duration period, and expiration date for the warranty in writing. Ask also for the next annual service date and the expiration date of the annual servicing that is included in the first seven years-from-new for the car.

7. Sumit Dalwadi

Sumit Dalwadi Rookie

Jan 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sumit Dalwadi
    Thanks mcw!

Getting close to being a Ferrari owner! Excited to see my dad's face!!! :D

I feel like I may be a few grand over but it's still a decent deal and it's local. Car is in great shape. It's a 2016 and has 1 service remaining next year. 2 Year Power Warranty is included. Should be taking delivery this week ... just in time for Fathers Day!!!