Cali T Order questions | FerrariChat

Cali T Order questions

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by 33pds, May 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 33pds

33pds Karting

Jul 9, 2010
    My buddy just fell for the Cali-T and is spec'ing his car.

He asked me about 3 options for both desirability and resale:

(1)Upgraded sound system
    (2)Magnerride suspension
    (3)Homelink

I think he is planning on skipping all three unless you guys think he's making a big mistake.

I apologize if these items have been covered elsewhere, but my search found a lot from the Cali and not the Cali-T.

Thanks all.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Try searching for Magneride with one r - about a dozen t-related threads in April alone - mainly folk saying they've included it

My guess is Homelink is more relevant if he can use it his own garage door

3. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Of the tree suspension is the must. Then I'd say stereo because it's great. Home link is not a must.

4. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I agree, magneride is the must, home link and upgraded stereo are not.

5. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    #5 DK308, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
    If resale is that important - skip the car...

But if I was in the market for a used Cali T, here's my take on those three.

Upgraded sound system? Don't care. Standard or upgrade - they all sound bad.
    Magneride? Yes, would not buy a car without.
    Homelink? Don't care pne bit.

Things I do care about.

Leather wrapped LED steering wheel, (Don't like carbon in the Cali)
    Heat insulated windscreen
    Front and rear parking cameras
    Folding rear seats

6. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Echoing the others; Magneride definitively. If you are a hi-fi / audio connoisseur the upgraded stereo is not worth it, but if you just want something that plays better than a standard audio, sure why not. If it's a big deal, better to spend the money on a thorough aftermarket install. Not sure how (or if) the latter has an effect warranty-wise. Homelink is only worth ticking if that's already installed in your garage.

7. 33pds

33pds Karting

Jul 9, 2010
    Thanks all for taking the time to chime in.

Your feedback has been super helpful. If anyone else has something to add, thanks in advance.

8. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    Magneride must have, if it is going to be a daily driver.
    Same with US vis. equipment, parking blocks and curbs are the enemy, home link is part of this package.
    Skip the upgrade on sound, but get CarPlay.

If it is just going to be a fun car to drive a bit, you can skip it all. However, I have regretted every time I went cheap trying to save a few bucks.

9. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    Agree with the others. Magnaride is a must. The rest is down to your personal choice and budget.

10. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    I would say Magnaride, F&R cameras, shields, the rest IMHO does not matter.

11. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    My dealer says the must haves are the 20" wheels, Magnaride and the cf led wheel, in that order. I think it is hard to go wrong with just about anything but I do think the 20" wheels look far better than the 19" given the size of the wheel fender openings.

12. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    +infinity!!!

13. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    Magnaride for sure. is a must. Homelink is optional, but if you're getting Homelink and parking cameras then consider the US Visibility Package. 20" wheels also a must. I ordered the upgraded stereo, but I wouldn't say it's a must. I had an Aston Martin with the B&O Beosound System in it that was touted as audiophile heaven. It was okay, but the most intriguing thing about it was the front tweeters that popped up when you turned it on.

14. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    I have that same B&O system on my Audi A6 and had it on my SLS. For an audiophile of any level, take the factory cheap unit and spend the money upgrading the components. A lot of premium factory speaker cones are still paper. There are many ways to upgrade, my favorite is Audison, another Italian company. The downside is the space you give up for the amp, etc.