Cali T vs. 911 Turbo | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cali T vs. 911 Turbo

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Chizz, Jun 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Because this is about two cars I have already owned I will say that the 488 Spider is the best of both IMO. It can't do 0-60 as quickly as the 991tts but it beats the hell out of it around COTA. My best lap recorded as of Friday is now 4 seconds faster than my best lap with the 991tts and that was in 110 degree ambient temperature while the 991tts time was at 70 degrees ambient.

So to the OP, if you really want the best of both, get one of these.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

09Scuderia, tfazio and tomc like this.
  2. BUD STONER

BUD STONER Karting

Apr 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    BUD STONER
    I drove and road raced Porsches for 20 years and loved them. I now have a Cali30 and it is an entirely different ride. Plenty powerful and really screams when the exhaust valves open at about 3m rpm. What I really love though is the number of thumbs up the car gets when it is on the road. Also, our Cars & Coffee event is one of the largest in the SE, averaging 1M makes of all brands each month. Guess which one gets the crowds that never go away? irarreF by a landslide!!!!

tomc likes this.
  3. speedbird1000

speedbird1000 Rookie

Jun 29, 2008
    Europe
    Had a 911 TT and no comparison to Cali T in terms of event, Cali T shouts look at me, I am so pretty, the 911tt look how hard I am...both great though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    You cant beat the retractable hardtop. That was the real selling point for me to buy the Cali.

Piper likes this.
  5. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    458 Spider is my ultimate destination. Now that I've had a retractable hard top, I don't think I can ever go back to a soft top. I'm trying to keep the Cali for a while but I'm already watching ads for 458's.

wrs and anunakki like this.
  6. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    If I could fit in a 458 that woulda been my choice as well.

7. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Since I have no emotional connection to cars (I have owned 41 Porsche's have 2 now), and just bought a Calf T, I would say that if I ever bought another 911 TT the first thing I'd do (like I did with all the others) is turn it into RWD. I don't think you can compare a RWD front/mid engine car to a rear engine AWD car, they are just way too different. I would compare the Calf T to the AMG GTS I bought a couple weeks ago, they are very similar, (size weight engine type/placement, power). Once I get the Calf T home (if I can get the keys away from my girlfriend this is her dream Ferrari), I would be glad to say what I think of it.