California Brake Light Modification | FerrariChat

California Brake Light Modification

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by brumby, Sep 5, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brumby

brumby Rookie

Jun 27, 2020
    Northern Ohio
    Full Name:
    McLerrari
    I am back to the FerrariChat forum. After selling my 360, I missed the sound of that flat plane crank engine - so now I have a 2013 California.
    It did not take long for me to grow tired of the non-functional upper brake lights. I took a slightly different approach to what has been posted here before. See my attached set of instructions with pictures to see how I rewired the upper brakes lights, replaced the incandescent bulbs with LEDs and then made an adapter to fool the ECU into believing the lower brake lights were still functioning.

As others have stated in their modifications posts, I chose to make these modifications to my car. If you like what I have done - I hope it helps you. You are entitled to like/dislike what I have done.

Enjoy

Attached Files:

CCallaud, Willl, GadgetPhreak and 2 others like this.
  2. Bill Phillips

Bill Phillips Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
  3. GadgetPhreak

GadgetPhreak Rookie

Dec 25, 2019
    Redmond, Wa
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Clever work, very nicely done. For someone wanting to avoid the last step you could tint or wrap the lower brake lights which would reduce the output to minimize the visual impact which may suffice. I tinted the taillights on my R8 Spyder with great effect. It blends the back end making a cleaner look and you can play with the tint/color based on how much you want (or don't want) the light output reduced. You can see pics here: http://instagram.com/darkhorse_r8

Willl, LARRYH and Bill Phillips like this.