California in Black | Page 2 | FerrariChat

California in Black

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by MalibuGuy, Nov 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    #26 VisualHomage, Nov 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    #27 VisualHomage, Nov 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    Hideous - no matter what color.

4. rosso.corsa

rosso.corsa Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 19, 2008
    Toronto/Markham
    Full Name:
    J Dhillon
    #29 rosso.corsa, Nov 4, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
    i don't like the new california in black, makes it look really hideous! Only red works for me :)

5. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Black is a great color for this car as long as it's parked on a dark side street at night. What a hound of a car. I must make a note to avoid looking at the California thread too often - it makes me repeat my dinner.

6. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    The 599 looks MUCH better than the California IMO.

I still like they California though.

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Just curious. If some of you think the California is so hideous, why are you wasting your time on California threads and California posts?

Taz
    Terry Phillips

8. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    +100

9. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    +1000

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Because i cant just accept that it is ugly. Everytime there are new pictures i have hope..

11. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    maybe you actually like it in the closet

12. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Are you offended by people not liking the California ?

13. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Its like watching a ten car pileup in slow motion. You just can't take your eyes off it no matter how much you want to.

14. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ah, yes. Hope springs eternal....

Taz
    Terry Phillips

15. COR-Chris

COR-Chris Rookie

Jan 14, 2008
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    SO SEXY!!!! Love the lines

16. Kyle13

Kyle13 Karting

Jul 20, 2008
    Bedford Hills, NY
    Full Name:
    Kyle Cullam
    Still hate this car... I feel that Ferrari and P.F. are drifting way towards mainstream-ness... Although this car does look better in black, it still looks like CRAP IMO...

17. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    LOL hell no... have a beer, amigo.

I didn't design nor make it, nor have anything to do with it's creation.

Indeed, there are more beautiful Ferraris than this one, and far uglier ones.

Hating it is the expected status quo, at least on this forum. Are you offended that some people like it? It's just a question, very light-hearted.

18. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Well, the good news is that this page of this thread doesn't yet have any pictures on it, so I was able to get this far without having to repeat my breakfast (sorry - it's early, dinner comes later). Personally, I do think the California is hideous, but I don't hate it. I admire quite a few of it's technological innovations and look forward to these making it onto other models soon. I just wish, like most Ferraristi, that every Ferrari looks like a million dollar knock out gorgeous amazing distinctive and unique design that shouts Ferrari from every curve. IMHO, the Cali just doesn't do that.

19. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

First, we love Ferraris and want to know more about these cars.

Second, we are hoping against hope that somewhere, somehow, somebody will have JUST ONE cameral angle of that car that let's us off the hook. Meaning - - just give us ONE PICTURE that makes this car look good so we can satisfy ourselves that our beloved Ferrari designers intended THAT angle, instead of the hundreds of others that make the car look like crap. We are freaking BEGGING for JUST ONE PICTURE to look good and restore our faith. (Still waiting . . . )

Third, this board si called FerrariChat, and we want to chat.

Fourth, some of us actually like Toyotas and want to see Ferrari's latest offering of the MR2. (OK, that was bad.)

20. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Not at all. Im disappointed by the car and the direction Ferrari took. I hope they will use that cash ( if this turns out to be a success..) to come up with Ferrari-er cars..

21. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    That car looks like a dog's aZz. And that exhaust tip is copied from a Lexus. Makes the homely F430 look like a car at least. A huge disappoinment. Luckily there's the LP560-4.

22. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    LOL you can't be serious.... won't ever happen

I think there isn't much more to know about the car short of getting in it personally to drive it. People have liked a car after seeing one or two pictures. Hundreds of pictures and several vids have been posted of this car. One more won't matter.

I think the lines have been drawn: most people who at least post about it clearly hate it; a minority who post about it like it. Captain Obvious.

23. SS2012

SS2012 Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    It's not that bad~ if they slap a Maserati badge on the car and sell it for $130k this car will fly off the shelves. In fact if spy shots are any indications at all, the new hardtop convertible GT will probably be a far more attractive looking car than the California. Back to those photos - the California looks pretty bad in black, and that's not good considering it's often difficult to make a black car look ugly.

24. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    lol ............. :p
    +1
    ................ unfortunately not even nero can can save this car ................ :(

25. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Got it. Curiosity slaked. Have not seen one in person myself, but it certainly is not ugly in my opinion. A Pontiac Aztec is ugly, a BMW Z4 has very questionable aesthetics, a Bangle butt is ugly, and a Prius looks like a dog's breakfast to me, but I will reserve final judgement (so far positive for me) until I see a California in the flesh. Looks pretty good from photos so far, regardless of color. Sort of like a baby 599. Dynamically, it is awesome, if not quite a 599 or Scuderia. Two of the available wheel packages look very nice. We shall see. At list price, a good deal, I think, and nobody will throw up on it when they see it on the street. You guys are fun.

Taz
    Terry Phillips