California or Florida | Page 2 | FerrariChat

California or Florida

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Ferrariguy2, Jun 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    CA!! CA!! CA!! ...haha...j/k guys!

FL rocks... you've got the squideria clan there! What more can you ask for? Oh wait no state income tax never hurts either! So what if it's hot right? Just jump into the water!

Ok, but I'm still biased toward so. cal... but then again, I live there. ;)

Good luck!

Byron

2. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

Freeeze... Miami Vice ! Need I say more. :) I also have the Testarossa to boot. Mine is red though, too chicken to drive a non-red Ferrari.

Forget what is said about Miami. I love it there. I'm in Miami on business once a week every week. I have homes in central Florida and my home state of Georgia. People are very friendly in Miami like back home in GA. So what if not everyone speaks english perfectly. At least everyone smiles and is warm. I hate the people in Central Florida. They are so unfriendly and too " church clickish " (meaning they only hang with people from their churches, no space for outsiders like me. ) Even the girls suck here. Very unfriendly and they don't dress well. (can you say red-neck ! ) Sigh....my company is based in central florida...but my heart is in Miami.

Shamile

3. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Shamile,

Hope you can attend our dinner Sunday afternoon. It's not too far from Lakeland. Just head north on 33 to SR 50. Has your TR been idling OK since I met you at AutoCar?

KevFla
    Orlando

4. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

Dear Kev,

No, the idle was not correct because the balance was not set correctly. The tech set it right but Autocar miscommunicated what was wrong. Stan is so paranoid about someone knowing his sources, he let me take my car home knowing the idle was " fudged " ...not properly set. It ran so rich, it burned out one O2 sensor. I actually found out who set it and had them do it correctly. I paid Stan $ 400 + I had to pay an extra 600 for resetting and 2 O2 sensors. In addition, he charged me 100 for a reset and told me he was only charging me what he was charged. I later found out, the first reset was done on warranty. I specifically asked about it and was lied to my face.

WHAT A JERK ! I am telling everyone in FOC what happened to me.

5. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    That'll show em!

BHW

6. I live in Chicago and I absolutly hate the weather and the climate I wont ***** and moan to the people on the forum about my that though I will stick to the topic. Florida gorgous beachs, exotic woamen, exotic car capital, caribbean islands are a short boat plane ride away hot weather all year round. Cali has many climates you got beachs,snow,desert,mountains etc.. LA and san diego are very nice. If I had to pick it would be a hard choice but I would probley pick Florida as I like hot and humid weather all year round. But cali is breathtaking as well.

7. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

I'm sorry about taking the thread on a 90 degree. I was only responding to the previous post....and I got carried away. I do stand by what I said.....this just wasn't the thread to say it.

If you are thinking of locating in the central Florida area though, there is the main Ferrari dealership...Central Florida Ferrari, of which I will be going back to. :)

Shamile

8. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    If you need a place to PROPERLY store your car - I've got it.

Scottie
    www.TheCarcierge.com

9. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    moved to florida from maine 6 years ago, traded the cold & snow of the winter for the hot of summer, tho not as hot as southern FL. Best thing is no car/smog inspections, so take off those cats if you want an let her rip.

10. jester1

jester1 Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    Toronto
    Hi Im new here.
    Ferrariguy, Im also from Toronto and woundering the same question Cali or Florida. The only other thing is work how do you work there without a green card? I dont want to take someones job away from them because I know how that feels and steeling I concider when you undercut someones pay for your own benifit which I wont do, but enough on that. As for florida I can only coment on Clearwater area it awsome, LA is great too but was only there for a few days the way i see it is you have beach, mountains, desert, and if you travel north the white stuff your trying to get away from. I think you cant make a mistake either way.
    Anyone looking for a licenced mechanic ;).
    What ever you decide good luck!

11. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    I live in Florida. I love Florida. I love the weather and perfect roads. BUT they are boringly straight and flat compared to California and New England. I get my biggest kicks doing on-ramps onto the interstate! Pathetic. Yes, I have been all over Florida including what is loosly called "the hill country". Ha ha.

12. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    You've been watching too much CNN....outsourcing by Lou Dobbs. This nation (America ) was founded on being competitive, doing the job cheaper and better than the competition. If you have your own company, can you offer a product or service at a better price? If yes, " come on down....the price is right " If you are looking for a job, I dunoooo. (Gestapo borders now ) I think it would be easier to set-up a branch company and fly back and forth. I don't mean up there in winter and down here in summer. :)

13. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

Follow Shaq, LOL. :D

14. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    To refer to the present lunacy at the border in such terms makes the Gestapo look bad.