California T audio system into California? | FerrariChat

California T audio system into California?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Dem, Oct 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Hi,

I did a Google search but nothing obvious on this topic. I know there is an OEM Clarion upgrade option from Ferrari for the original Cali and 612. However, it still looks like an aftermarket solution in my opinion (which of course in reality, it kinda is).

Anybody know if a California T head unit would be a straight swap into an original California (2009)?

Thanks

Sent from my ASUS_I001DC using Tapatalk

2. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    I think they are different sizes. I had the old Cali and have the Cali T now and the T seems larger.

Dem likes this.
  3. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    And for the amount of money Ferrari charge for their parts my vote is to just install a high end double din head unit. Much better, lots more features and much more reliable. You can add a Ferrari logo wallpaper to the screen display.

I have a 2016 Cali T with the HiFi JBL high power stereo option and the sound is just ok. I will be installing an aftermarket head unit in 2 years once my extended warranty expires.

You can do a search, our head unit is the same as the ones installed in Chrysler mini vans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dem and russellmcg like this.
  4. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Thanks for the info

Sent from my ASUS_I001DC using Tapatalk

whatheheck likes this.