California T Battery Change Advice | FerrariChat

California T Battery Change Advice

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Inadeje, Sep 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

So guys my battery has finally died and will not accept a charge. It was on its way out for some time and has now deceased.

Does anyone have a step by step (maybe workshop manual photos) of how to access and replace the battery?

2. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    It is covered in my Owner's Manual (2019 model).

3. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

I have the manual but in mine it merely mentions how to disconnect the quick release in case one wishes to disconnect the battery cable, it mentions nothing about replacing the entire battery.

4. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    My manual doesn't cover actually removing and replacing the battery,but it covers the critical steps that must be taken before disconnecting the old battery and after reconnecting to the old or a new battery. I assume that you have a California. There is a thread with pictures on battery replacement. A search may turn it up.

5. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Find the thread "Battery Replacement,ECU Reset Procedure attached " by member whatheheck posted May 31,2020.

6. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

thanks! Much appreciated

7. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

Thanks to everyone, it seems those clips are the first thing I need to obtain.