Cambiocorsa - low gears | FerrariChat

Cambiocorsa - low gears

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by propaganda, Nov 19, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. propaganda

propaganda Rookie

Oct 1, 2003
    I generally like the CC gearbox - great in higher gears relatively smooth upchanges and terrific downchanges with engine rev matching. What I find a bit strange is the lumpy 1st to 2nd change and a feeling of unease when moving very slowly say in a multistorey car park - the CC box labours a bit here and I am worried that the clutch may be fried in such situations.

I would welcome any comments from CC or F1 gearbox users about these very specific situations .

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Use Low Range. Downshift into 1. Downshift again. 1 will flash you will be in low range. This also works iin R.

3. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I concur completely with James. Rhe low range is not used by most people and probably because the salesperson did not give a proper delivery process. Like he said, downshift to 1st gear and then downshift again. The indicator blinks to let you know you are in this range. Makes it much smoother.

4. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Ooh, interesting...does the F1 system also have this?

5. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I'm not sure if it does on the 360 but I believe it does on the 575M.

6. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Sorta off topic, but we have a M3 Cabrio with "SMG" in our showroom and I had to move it around the other day.

The only jerkiness that occured was upon the initial application of gas, whereupon it immediately became very smooth afterwards, even at 1-2 kmh while creeping around.

Problem was, after jockeying around 3-4 times to get it in the spot correctly, you could smell "essence de clutch" thruout our showroom.

Are these not the same system, and the same manufacturer, but with perhaps, different software, etc ?

7. propaganda

propaganda Rookie

Oct 1, 2003
    James,

tried this - doesn't seem to work at all. The 1 does not flash and I cannot detect wny difference in the gearing. The thing I do notice is that in first there is a kind of lurch as you apply the gas i.e. it starts to move and then there is a kind of dead spot where it seems to lag and then starts to move again - very disconcerting. It reminds me a little of turbo lag. The car is MY03 with as far as I know the latest rev of the CC software. Is this normal?

8. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    No something is wrong. Does your owners manual mention "low range" ?
    My car defineately has it. Mine is US spec 02 with all upgrades.
    Downshift in to 1, downshift again. Flashing 1 and beeping. Shifts itself out of low range at about 15mph. also has low R.

9. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    These low gears disappear when I have done the last upgrade (in June this year). The mechanic explained they are not more needed because the standard gears was improved. It is the case, exept for fast launch...

10. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "but I believe it does on the 575M"

James, it does - and I'm embarrassed to admit that, even after 600 miles +, I didn't know about this feature until I read your post.

Anything else I need to know!? ;)

11. propaganda

propaganda Rookie

Oct 1, 2003
    Spoke to dealer today. It seems that the low range option was removed in the latest revsion in the 03MY cars. However I wonder whether the lurch I am experiencing in first is merely a change from low range to first?

Has anyone any guidelines as to how to get the smoothest shifts?

12. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Low Range isn't another gear it's software that changes clutch engaugement at low speeds. I'd have them put it back.