Can a Ferrari F430 be used as a Daily Driver? Around 100 Miles a Week? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Can a Ferrari F430 be used as a Daily Driver? Around 100 Miles a Week?

Discussion in '360/430' started by graveri, Jun 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Liking the old thread revival!
    "There's some gold hidden in thar hills!"

Few months back I was at a club dinner and a fellow with a LaFerrari, 488, F12 TDF and a long list of earlier Ferraris said he thought his F430 was the first Ferrari he could use as a
    daily driver... and he first owned a 355.

2. Jack-Porsche

Jack-Porsche Karting

Oct 30, 2016
    USA
    Interesting thread. Go to any Porsche club meet or forum and you can easily find cars with over 200,000 miles.
    Ferrari is just a different animal evidently. Would like to see some 100,000 plus Ferrari’s

3. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Mine just turned 40K! Working on it. 2004 360 though...

4. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    For me the 911 (2012.5, 82k miles) feels like much better of a daily driver... direct injection start up and go without warmup, uses less gas, nothing ever goes wrong, has fancy nav/bluetooth/etc. I’m sure I could daily the 360 if I really want to, but it takes a lot more focus to drive it around as transportation (for instance when negotiating uneven transitions without scraping) when I’d almost rather save the specialness for the weekend anyway.

Keith Darby likes this.
  5. psb1013

psb1013 Karting

Feb 4, 2017
    Any Ferrari can be used as a DD as long as the weather permits and you are willing to put up with the pitfalls.....parking, potholes, bad gas mileage, unwanted attention, etc.

For me, the one BIG problem with driving an exotic everyday is that sooner or later, the "special-ness" and sense of occasion of driving a supercar dies down considerably. It's like playing your favorite song on the radio over and over again, sooner or later, you'll get tired of it. The good thing about driving Ferrari's only sporadically is that you build up anticipation between drive times. This way, each drive time becomes a special experience. Also, with older supercars, the lack of modern features like Bluetooth, navigation, advanced cruise control, Apple Carplay, etc. can be major annoyances if the car is used daily.

Keith Darby, one4torque and Buckwest like this.
  6. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I made my 360 my DD several years ago. There are two issues that occasionally pop up:
    1) it is low enough and the doors are long enough that some days you just don’t want to do that entry & egress.
    2) Parts availability is spotty at times. Sometimes when it needs service you may be down for a week or two waiting on parts.

Otherwise, it is a great driver.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Keith Darby likes this.
  7. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    If you do not plan to drive it don't buy it. I drive my 360 to work at least 1 day per week (66 mile round trip). Ferrari's were not built to be garage fixtures. I do recommend having alternate transportation as parts and service can be an issue.

one4torque likes this.
  8. Joey iaquinta

Joey iaquinta Rookie

Jun 16, 2018
  9. psb1013

psb1013 Karting

Feb 4, 2017
    But that doesn't stop most owners from treating them like one. How else can you explain the vast majority of them with so few miles?

Keith Darby likes this.